Fuel pump connectors

Welcome to the busiest full-spectrum Lincoln community online!

Please join us! We'd really love to have you as a member...

tatt2d47

I'm working on a 1999 Lincoln town car. I'm changing the fuel pump. Can anyone recommend how to get to the electrical wires for the pump? They are hidden between what looks like the frame and the body of the car.

oktowncar

I'm working on a 1999 Lincoln town car. I'm changing the fuel pump. Can anyone recommend how to get to the electrical wires for the pump? They are hidden between what looks like the frame and the body of the car.
Go into the trunk and lift the carpet. You'll see the wire harness and you can then unclip it for a little more wiggle room down below

bwstith

I'm having the same issue with my 2001 TC and replacing the entire fuel pump assembly. I don't want to drop the tank, and I'm prepared to splice in a new 3-wire connector closer to accomplish this. However, if I can get to that 3-wire connector through the trunk (as suggested above), I won't have to splice. I've looked under the carpet in the trunk and haven't found this connector/harness. Any chance the above suggestion doesn't apply to the 2001??? Any ideas/suggestions? Thanks.

oktowncar

I'm having the same issue with my 2001 TC and replacing the entire fuel pump assembly. I don't want to drop the tank, and I'm prepared to splice in a new 3-wire connector closer to accomplish this. However, if I can get to that 3-wire connector through the trunk (as suggested above), I won't have to splice. I've looked under the carpet in the trunk and haven't found this connector/harness. Any chance the above suggestion doesn't apply to the 2001??? Any ideas/suggestions? Thanks.
There should be a visible grommet in the bottom of the trunk. Remove that and it will give you access to that wire harness.
This video shows you what I am talking about @ 2:00 mark it discusses the method.