Fuel gauage and low fuel light issue need help

Welcome to the busiest full-spectrum Lincoln community online!

Please join us! We'd really love to have you as a member...

William kiheri

I have a 1957 lincoln preimeir that fuel gauage and low fuel light and temp guage dont work . I have the service manual and the ckt has constant voltage regulator which convertsthe 12volts to a pulsating 5volts and it has a sip relay . The cvr is bad and not avaiable in after market products. I think i can use a 12v to 6v converter but i have been trying to figure out the sip relays function because the one i have looks like a cvr but with two sets of bymetal contact and winding and they are not conected in any way. One wire comes from the c post through the low fuel light to case ground in the relay. The other two wire are for the fuel guage . One starts at the cvr and goes to the sip through its bymetal relay to the fuel gauage to the sending unit to ground.
How does the low fuel light get its signal from the fuel gauage they are not connected electrically

bbf2530

I have a 1957 lincoln preimeir that fuel gauage and low fuel light and temp guage dont work . I have the service manual and the ckt has constant voltage regulator which convertsthe 12volts to a pulsating 5volts and it has a sip relay . The cvr is bad and not avaiable in after market products. I think i can use a 12v to 6v converter but i have been trying to figure out the sip relays function because the one i have looks like a cvr but with two sets of bymetal contact and winding and they are not conected in any way. One wire comes from the c post through the low fuel light to case ground in the relay. The other two wire are for the fuel guage . One starts at the cvr and goes to the sip through its bymetal relay to the fuel gauage to the sending unit to ground.
How does the low fuel light get its signal from the fuel gauage they are not connected electrically

Hi William and welcome to the Lincoln Forums. It is possible you may be able to get some help/advice here.

However, if you have not already done so, you may have better luck if you find an Internet Group/Forum dedicated to Classic Lincolns, or even Classic Cars in general.

Hopefully I am mistaken and someone can jump in with the information you need.

Let us know how you make out and good luck.