Fuel filter

Welcome to the busiest full-spectrum Lincoln community online!

Please join us! We'd really love to have you as a member...

Tuebo44

I have a 2017 Lincoln MKZ with the 3.0tt and I was wondering how to disconnect the fuel lines from the filter. I have fought and fought with it and I just gave up. Any help would be appreciated, thanks

bbf2530

Hi gang. Just to avoid confusion: Only the 3.0T AWD model has an external fuel filter, which requires changing (@ 40,000 miles).

The 3.0T FWD model has the in-tank "lifetime" fuel filter.

This information was mistakenly left out of the Maintenance Schedules for the 2017 and 2018 MKZ Owners Manuals. It is in the the Owners Manual beginning with the 2019 model.

Good luck.

Tuebo44

Hi gang. Just to avoid confusion: Only the 3.0T AWD model has an external fuel filter, which requires changing (@ 40,000 miles).

The 3.0T FWD model has the in-tank "lifetime" fuel filter.

This information was mistakenly left out of the Maintenance Schedules for the 2017 and 2018 MKZ Owners Manuals. It is in the the Owners Manual beginning with the 2019 model.

Good luck.
Yeah I knew where it was at but couldn't figure out how to disconnect the fuel lines lol. I took it to the dealership to have it done. Thanks

bbf2530

Yeah I knew where it was at but couldn't figure out how to disconnect the fuel lines lol. I took it to the dealership to have it done. Thanks

Hi tuebo, Yes, I read your prior posts.

However, I wanted to let other MKZ owners know that only the 3.0T AWD has an external, changeable fuel filter, so there is no confusion for 3.0T FWD and 2.0T owners.
That was why I did not quote you in my previous post, so you would not think it was directed towards your information.

Good luck.

Tuebo44

However, I wanted to let other MKZ owners know that only the 3.0T AWD has an external, changeable fuel filter, so there is no confusion for 3.0T FWD and 2.0T

However, I wanted to let other MKZ owners know that only the 3.0T AWD has an external, changeable fuel filter, so there is no confusion for 3.0T FWD and 2.0T owners.
That was why I did not quote you in my previous post, so you would not think it was directed towards your information.

Good luck.
I understand that, thanks