• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "1998 Town Car" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 1998 Town Car" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

Front of engine splash guard


Junior Member
Not sure if I am identifying it correctly and I never noticed it before until today when I was under the vehicle but my 2011 Nav is missing the plastic shield from under the lower valance to somewhere under the front of the engine. Is there a proper name for this? I tried different searches but could not find the correct one. I always wondered why there was some type of support brace under the front bumper but actually did not support anything, Just a big space. The front lower part of the engine is completely exposed to any road debris. Any info would be appreciated.

Also just completed the blend door actuator replacement. Pretty straightforward with the exception of a missing 8mm screw and 8mm socket which is now in the dashboard Neverland...LOL. 20 bucks for the part from Rock Auto vs 400 from a shop.