FORScan for Windows LAPTOP

JJ SMNOW

Can someone explain what you are using to hook up your windows laptop to to FORSCAN.
I use the BAFX Products BAFX3127 for Bluetooth Diagnostic OBDII Reader/Scanner for Android Devices which has work great so far with the torque pro android app.
Can I use that to blue tooth to my laptop or can I get a usb cord for the laptop which I would pefer?

Thanks in advance.

wolf_walker

Bluetooth works, forscan recommends USB cable for programing tasks and I tend to agree but for general
reading and such bluetooth is fine.
I've had that same BAFX unit and it's worked well enough, while overpriced the OBDlink MX I have
now feels more consistent and solid and reads faster, and I believe it saw a few modules the cheaper
one did not. On my 04 I can access everything BUT the parking aid sensor system now with forscan.

Nongmin

Charlotte, NC
I bought this cable for my Forscan missions, works well.

Good, stable wired connection and I've used it on both my Escape and F-150. Now, I've got to figure out what I can and cannot do to the TC using Forscan.

JJ SMNOW

Thanks everyone
Will try the 1 in the link above.

bmarler

ok forscan users, help me out if you could. i'm diagnosing the fairly dim led portion of my cluster and was checking the pid for the dimmer switch and got an output reading from the dimmer switch of 1 to 20 before the courtesy lights come on. can someone else check theirs please? i've searched and searched for this information but it's just not anywhere to be found.

wolf_walker

If it's just one section of the cluster, it's likely an issue in the cluster. If the dimmer switch was acting up you'd see it in all the interior lights it controls.

bmarler

makes a certain amount of sense, it's only the digital portion that's dim. you can still read it but i wish it was brighter. i just thought if someone had their laptop hooked up they could double check their dimmer switch output pid. only takes a sec if you're already hooked up. i have the shop manual and wiring diagrams books and the information just isn't there.

bmarler

i doubt if there's difference in the reading between apps. they all get their info from the same place. the refresh rate may possibly vary, but the data should be good.

HTML