• In the 1980s and 1990s we used AOL and Usenet. In the 2000s there were forums and message boards. In the 2010s - and until the very near future - social media. Something new is coming for Lincoln owners... Become an early adopter of what's next by SIGNING UP HERE. Your email address will not be sold or used in any way other than us communicating more details as we prepare for launch - and we will not communicate often.

Ford Protect Pricing

Welcome to the busiest full-spectrum Lincoln community online!

Please join us! We'd really love to have you as a member...

UselessOpinion47

Apr 22, 2022
My Lincoln
2022 Corsair Reserve
I am wondering if anyone can tell me how the Ford Protect pricing works. I currently have a 2019 MKC about to come off lease and my order for my Corsair has shipped from the factory due in a couple weeks. I have Ford Protect on my current vehicle so I asked what current pricing is for Ford Protect and was told by the dealer they are asking for $3000. I was surprised, because I paid $285 on my current vehicle. I know I got some kind of family discount on my current vehicle, but I can't believe the discount was that good. I am not even sure it's worth it, since I plan on leasing again and only used the plan for oil changes and a replacement battery and that's definitely not worth $3k. Thoughts on the pricing or the usefulness on a leased vehicle?

bbf2530

Oct 12, 2011
I am wondering if anyone can tell me how the Ford Protect pricing works. I currently have a 2019 MKC about to come off lease and my order for my Corsair has shipped from the factory due in a couple weeks. I have Ford Protect on my current vehicle so I asked what current pricing is for Ford Protect and was told by the dealer they are asking for $3000. I was surprised, because I paid $285 on my current vehicle. I know I got some kind of family discount on my current vehicle, but I can't believe the discount was that good. I am not even sure it's worth it, since I plan on leasing again and only used the plan for oil changes and a replacement battery and that's definitely not worth $3k. Thoughts on the pricing or the usefulness on a leased vehicle?

Hi UO. Blind Internet guess here? It seems your Dealer quoted you a $3,000 price for the LincolnProtect/FordProtect Extended Warranty/ESP Plan.
However, it seems you are actually referring to a $285 FordCare or LincolnCare extended maintenance plan on your last vehicle, which simply covers regular scheduled maintenance not covered under warranty, such as like oil changes, tire rotations, brakes etc for the Plan chosen.

The higher $3,000 price is for an extended warranty. The lower $185 price was for a maintenance plan.

It would be extremely unlikely (as in impossible) to get the Lincoln or Ford ESP/Extended Warranty for $285. Even the basic Lincoln/Protect/FordProtect Powertrain only warranty will run more than that.

And while you may have had an AZX-Plan PIN for the purchase of your vehicle, there is no "family" discount for Lincoln/Ford ESP's or Maintenance Plans with those PIN's. Despite whatever a Dealership may have told you.

Concerning LincolnProtect ESP's: if you are interested in an Extended Warranty (not really useful for a 3 year lease), you can get nearly unbeatable discount pricing on LincolnProtect ESP's at "Zeigler Automotive Group" and "Flood Ford".

Zeigler - Lincoln Protect Extended Service Plans (ESP) - Lincoln Extended Warranty Cost | Zeigler Ford ESP
Flood - Ford Extended Warranty - Geniune Ford ESP Sales

So now, assuming we are actually discussing a simple LincolnCare maintenance plan: If you lease and do not put on a lot of miles, you are better off simply paying out of pocket for any scheduled maintenance. Otherwise, low mileage vehicles will not get your moneys worth, since the only scheduled maintenance during a 3 year lease would be 3/4 oil changes, which you can have done for about $180 (1 year/10,000 miles). No sense putting a lot of money into more frequent oil changes if you are turning it in at the end of 3 years.

Also, the basic New Vehicle Warranty is 4 years?50,000 miles and would have covered your new battery. Not the maintenance plan. The maintenance plan would have only covered the oil changes. So as you can see, it was not worth it for a few oil changes.

But get back to us with more information, for clarity, and good luck.

Last edited:

UselessOpinion47

Apr 22, 2022
My Lincoln
2022 Corsair Reserve
Wow, I certainly came to the right place for info. Your description makes complete sense (yeah, the dealership told me I was getting a special price on the maintenance plan). They labeled it Ford Protect on the lease agreement which is why I thought it was. But you also confirmed my experience that I didn't really save anything by having it on my lease, so I will skip it this time. Thank you very much!

bbf2530

Oct 12, 2011
Wow, I certainly came to the right place for info. Your description makes complete sense (yeah, the dealership told me I was getting a special price on the maintenance plan). They labeled it Ford Protect on the lease agreement which is why I thought it was. But you also confirmed my experience that I didn't really save anything by having it on my lease, so I will skip it this time. Thank you very much!

Hi UO. You are very welcome. 🤗

It gets very confusing with the LincolnProtect, LincolnCare, ExtraCare, PremiumCare nomenclature. Even I get confused when trying to explain it, as I did in my previous reply. I am sure someone will point it out eventually. :ROFLMAO:
But although there are a few mistakes in the plan naming, the overall information concerning Extended Warranties/ESP's versus Paid Maintenance Plans is correct. 🍻

What is important, is to know the difference between an Extended Warranty/ESP which extends the New Vehicle Warranty (in a limited manner), and a Paid Maintenance Plan that simply covers oil changes/tire rotations, wipers, brakes, scheduled maintenance and some other wear and tear items etc.

Lincoln Extended Warranties/ESP Plans can be worth it, for the right price and plan (on purchased vehicles, not Leases).

However, in my opinion, Paid Maintenance Plans are rarely worth the cost unless it is a purchased vehicle and we put far higher than average mileage on our vehicles. Otherwise, all most owners will get out of it is a few oil changes and tire rotations, and some windshield wipers...lol

Hope you get your new Corsair soon and good luck! 🍻

Last edited:

Jasper933

Apr 10, 2022
My Lincoln
Just curious, what is the cost for a 5 yrs maintenance ?
As far as the extended warranty, I heard it is about $3,600 for 8 yrs, 150,000 milage. Not sure if this is true.

bbf2530

Oct 12, 2011
Just curious, what is the cost for a 5 yrs maintenance ?
As far as the extended warranty, I heard it is about $3,600 for 8 yrs, 150,000 milage. Not sure if this is true.

Hi Jasper. There are far too many plans, levels, deductibles, options to quote accurate prices on extended maintenance plans and/or extended warranties.

So go here, and work up pricing on the plans you are interested in: Lincoln Protect Extended Service Plans (ESP) - Lincoln Extended Warranty Cost | Zeigler Ford ESP

You can get a top level, PremiumCare LincolnProtect plan for less than the pricing you were told.

I would add this (my opinion). Unless you drive many, many miles per year, there is not much annual maintenance required on our Lincoln vehicles for the first 3-5 years. Essentially only routine oil changes and tire rotations. Therefore, extended maintenance plans are not worth the money, unless you drive many miles per year and plan on keeping the vehicle for at least the length of the maintenance plan. Otherwise, it is less expensive to pay for routine maintenance/oil changes/tire rotations etc. as you go.

On the other hand, if you plan on keeping your new Lincoln past the 4 year/50,000 mile New Vehicle Warranty and 6 year/70,000 mile Powertrain Warranty, an Lincoln ESP Plan/Extended Warranty can be a good investment.

Let us know how you make out and good luck.

Jasper933

Apr 10, 2022
My Lincoln
Are the Ziegler plans actually Lincoln or is Ziegler a 3rd party plan?

FYI, I do drive 15-16K a year.

bbf2530

Oct 12, 2011
Are the Ziegler plans actually Lincoln or is Ziegler a 3rd party plan?

FYI, I do drive 15-16K a year.

Hi Jasper. They are the LincolnProtect Extended Service Plans. Personally, I would never recommend a 3rd party extended service plan (although how are you supposed to know that...lol). ;)

There several existing threads about Lincoln ESP's. Short version: I have done extensive online and local Lincoln/Ford Dealer price shopping for my last 4 Lincolns.
And Zeigler has consistently given me the lowest price by far when compared to my local Dealerships (even the one I purchased my vehicles from). By ~$2,000 in some cases.
And they were also the lowest, by varying amounts, of all the online sellers. "Flood Ford" was always second best, usually within $20-$25 higher each time. And the others were all progressively higher.

Don't take my word for it though. Simply Google "Lincoln ESP Plans" and work up prices on a large sample of the sellers that come up. You can also use that online price quote to try and negotiate your Dealer down. Some members here have stated they got their Dealer to come down to online pricing quotes. Mine would still not come within $500 of Zeigler.

And be sure to compare apples to apples price quotes. The same plans (I would recommend preferably the top level "PremiumCare"), same duration for time/miles, same deductible, same options (i.e. LED lighting coverage, Key coverage, Rental coverage etc etc.).

Let us know how you make out and good luck.

Last edited: