Ford Pauses Mustang, Focus and Lincoln Continental Production to Reduce Inventory Lev

Administrator

Lincoln Fanatic
Staff member
Due to undesirably high inventory levels, Ford Motor Company will stop Ford Mustang production for two weeks in order to let dealers work down the current numbers before sending out more inventory – and the Mustang isn’t the only vehicle from FoMoCo facing this unexpected production downtime.

In the modern American auto industry, automakers like the have 65-70 days of inventory of most models, meaning that there are enough of a given vehicle at dealerships around the country to satisfy 65-70 average sales days without any additional factory supply. Ford dealerships around the country currently have 111 days’ worth of Mustangs – nearly double the inventory size that the automaker would prefer to carry – and the Mustang is joined by a list of other popular models with excess inventory.
As a result, production of the Ford Mustang, the Lincoln Continental, the Ford Focus, the Ford Fusion, the Lincoln MKZ, the Ford Fiesta and the Ford Transit van will see unplanned downtime to reduce inventory levels.

Ford Pauses Mustang, Focus and Lincoln Continental Production to Reduce Inventory Levels

Town

Ottawa Ontario Canada
I doubt that it would sell at all since sales were dropping as the years went by and no development. Lincoln did not develop the Town Car to include modern car display technology and advances in driver safety and ease of driving advances and powertrain technology and chassis/suspension technology. The whole car was left to stagnate which is a terrible indictment of any car company.

I think Lincoln has one of the best engineering staff but the worst Marketing of any company. I hope the latest crop of marketers actually knows something.

Administrator

Lincoln Fanatic
Staff member
I doubt that it would sell at all since sales were dropping as the years went by and no development. Lincoln did not develop the Town Car to include modern car display technology and advances in driver safety and ease of driving advances and powertrain technology and chassis/suspension technology. The whole car was left to stagnate which is a terrible indictment of any car company.

I think Lincoln has one of the best engineering staff but the worst Marketing of any company. I hope the latest crop of marketers actually knows something.
Yes, that's the point I was trying to make. We all miss the Town Car but in reality nobody would buy one today. The Continental is an impressive luxury sedan. Maybe it's not an S-Class. It's also not priced like one...

Town

Ottawa Ontario Canada
Yes, that's the point I was trying to make. We all miss the Town Car but in reality nobody would buy one today. The Continental is an impressive luxury sedan. Maybe it's not an S-Class. It's also not priced like one...
Hi Sal, we have a few former S Class owners here now and they have selected the Continental as their car of choice going forward. The Continental must have the goods to entice S Class owners to Lincoln. The auto tests that I have read comparing Continental to other prestigious marques rate it pretty close to the S Class except in price and the availability of extra ordinary technology.

Rusty Boltz

Fort Worth, TX
With anywhere from 500,000 to 1,000,000 cars totalled by hurricanes, it's hard to imagine that there would be excess inventory of any model.

Administrator

Lincoln Fanatic
Staff member
Hi Sal, we have a few former S Class owners here now and they have selected the Continental as their car of choice going forward. The Continental must have the goods to entice S Class owners to Lincoln. The auto tests that I have read comparing Continental to other prestigious marques rate it pretty close to the S Class except in price and the availability of extra ordinary technology.
That's very impressive and I'm glad to hear that. I do find the Continental to be a very good S-Class competitor. I will admit the 2018 S560 is the top dog that all the brands are trying to mimic. But Lincoln is doing a fine job in doing so...

Slick Fan

Utah
With anywhere from 500,000 to 1,000,000 cars totalled by hurricanes, it's hard to imagine that there would be excess inventory of any model.
No kidding! I would have thought that auto companies would be trying to increase production right now, instead of throttling back. However, maybe they are waiting for the insurance companies to settle with their customers, before increasing production.

HTML