Fog lights

bbf2530

Hi zman. To my knowledge, no. I believe your lighting is similar to my 2018 MKZ. You have LED/DRL accent lighting up front, but no fog lights.

Do you have your Owners Manual? It explains how to turn on/off the accent lighting/DRL's in the Information Center. If you do not have your Owners Manual, you can download a PDF copy here, on the Lincoln Owners website: Lincoln Owner Guides | Owner Services | Official Lincoln Owner Site
or here: Owner Manuals | fleet.ford.com

And if I am mistaken and your 2016 does have fog lights, your Owners Manual will explain how to use them. Look in the Index under "Lighting".
On my 2007 MKZ, the fog lights were turned on by pulling out the headlight switch.

I would also recommend you register on the Lincoln Owners website (first link above), if you haven't already.

Good luck.

Last edited:

zman

Hi zman. To my knowledge, no. I believe your lighting is similar to my 2018 MKZ. You have LED/DRL accent lighting up front, but no fog lights.

Do you have your Owners Manual? It explains how to turn on/off the accent lighting/DRL's in the Information Center. If you do not have your Owners Manual, you can download a PDF copy here, on the Lincoln Owners website: Lincoln Owner Guides | Owner Services | Official Lincoln Owner Site

And if I am mistaken and your 2016 does have fog lights, your Owners Manual will explain how to use them. Look in the Index under "Lighting".
On my 2007 MKZ, the fog lights were turned on by pulling out the headlight switch.

I would also recommend you register on the Lincoln Owners website (first link above), if you haven't already.

Good luck.

zman

Good luck.
How
QUOTE]
I contacted Lincoln direct and they said that fog lights were an option on my model and it
wasn't on the build sheet. Bummer :-(

bbf2530

How
QUOTE]

I contacted Lincoln direct and they said that fog lights were an option on my model and it
wasn't on the build sheet. Bummer :-(
Hi zman. While I will not state with 100% certainty that the whoever you spoke to was mistaken, I can tell you that the Order Guide for the 2016 MKZ shows no foglights, standard or optional. However, the front LED accent lighting was an option/part of an option package, so I wonder if they confused that optional LED lighting for fog-lights.
I've been paying more attention since you asked. Although I do see some 2016's on the road with LED accent lighting and some without LED lighitng, I have not seen any with fog-lights.

Last edited:

zman

Hi zman. While I will not state with 100% certainty that the whoever you spoke to was mistaken, I can tell you that the Order Guide for the 2016 MKZ shows no foglights, standard or optional. However, the front LED accent lighting was an option/part of an option package, so I wonder if they confused that optional LED lighting for fog-lights.
I've been paying more attention since you asked. Although I do see some 2016's on the road with LED accent lighting and some without LED lighitng, I have not seen any with fog-lights.

bbf2530

Is the accent lighting the horizontal light on the lower panel under the regular headlights?
Aren't all the headlights LEDs ?
Hi zman. Sorry, did not see your reply until today. Yes, the accent lighting is horizontal in the lower panel location, where fog lights would be in the past. And no, all headlights are not LED's. While I do have the (adaptive) LED headlight option, not all MKZ's are equipped with LED headlights. They were part of an option package.

Good luck.

zman

Good luck.
It turns out that my MKZ does NOT have fog lights. and neither does my wife's 2019 Mercedes or my neighbor's new Jaguar, Apparently they aren't as popular as they once were.

bbf2530

It turns out that my MKZ does NOT have fog lights. and neither does my wife's 2019 Mercedes or my neighbor's new Jaguar, Apparently they aren't as popular as they once were.
Hi zman. Yes, that's what I was telling you...No fog lights.

Most drivers do not use fog lights properly anyway, so LED accent lighting has been replacing them as the next big thing. Essentially, if you look at your MKZ's front end, you can see there are no fog lights.

Good luck with your MKZ.

Bill MKZ

The secondary light that sits below the primary forward lighting on these cars is often called a Foglight online. It seems to incorporate the LED accent light and the amber turn signal. Here's an online example of p/n FO2592242OE
Amazon.com: B077GJXYDL.
There's also a blank panel just below this light, but it doesn't appear to be a location for a true OEM foglight.

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.

HTML