Floor liners available for the Corsair?

bbf2530

Hi Fates. Oh, okay, I see. Just as an FYI though: If you read the product description, they are not actually "leather".

The description states they are 3 layers: A top layer of "PVC". A middle layer of "EVA". A bottom layer of "non-skid cloth". So essentially, they are plastic/vinyl. No "leather".

Good luck.

Fateswarning

Hi Fates. Oh, okay, I see. Just as an FYI though: If you read the product description, they are not actually "leather".

The description states they are 3 layers: A top layer of "PVC". A middle layer of "EVA". A bottom layer of "non-skid cloth". So essentially, they are plastic/vinyl. No "leather".

Good luck.

These are leather:

There are a of bunch companies making them. The ones I saw for my Q50 said that we’re they leather, as do most of the ones that I’m seeing now.

This company says that they’re made from “environmentally friendly leather”. Im sure that also means fake.

Many, like Luxus, call them leather in their banner description. They shouldn’t be able to get away with that. You have to dig pretty deep before they say that’s they use artificial leather. You’d probably be better off with PVC for durability anyway? BB1FB2D9-375E-489A-98B2-0DE41A887D2A.jpeg

Last edited:

bbf2530

Hi fateswarning. I agree that you re probably better off with PVC/rubber all weather floor liners, or even the OEM carpeted mats. In my opinion, they will be far more durable, easier to keep clean and stay looking good longer

Here are my impressions of the two sites you inked to:
-The first site gives me a price of $599 for a 4 piece leather mat set for my 2018 MKZ. Being familiar with how much a quality baseball glove costs, I think it is a reasonable price for a quality 4 piece leather floor mat set. However, I would never pay that much for leather floor mats that will wear and look like hell after 1 year.
-The second site seems to give a flat rate of $139 for a 4 piece leather floor mat set for pretty much every vehicle. $139 for a quality leather 5 piece floor mat set sounds awfully low to me. The OEM Lincoln carpeted mats cost just as much, and WeatherTech floor liners cost more. That just does not sound right. I tend to doubt the quality of what you will get from that company.

Anyway, just a few observations and opinions, for what it is worth. Good luck with whatever you decide to do.

Fateswarning

Yeah. The real ones are too pricey and probably wouldn't wear well. The other ones are way too cheap to be real and say as much when you get into the description, plus they look too gaudy and uncomfortable.

We're not considering any floor mats other than the $175 ones that came with it. I was just commenting on them.

Last edited:

bbf2530

Yeah. The real ones are too pricey and probably wouldn't wear well. The other ones are way too cheap to be real and say as much when you get into the description, plus they look too gaudy and uncomfortable.

We're not considering any floor mats other than the $175 ones that came with it. I was just commenting on them.
Hi Fateswarning. No problem. Just having a fun discussion with you about a product I did not even know existed. And hopefully we provided some information that might help others.

Good luck.

HTML