• If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "1998 Town Car" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 1998 Town Car" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense...

Flashing keypad / locking and unlocking on its own

iBuyHouses

Valkaria, FL
Just recently I started noticing the car being locked when I was pretty sure that I didn't lock it. Today I decided to sit outside and watch it a little bit just to be sure I wasn't going crazy. Sure enough, just sitting there, it decides that it wants to be locked. Then about a minute later it self-locks again (parking lights flash). Then I walk up to it and the keypad lights are blinking and without even touching it, it unlocks.

Anybody else have this happen? I don't know if the remote is sending random lock/unlock signals, but with the flashing keypad, I suspect something inside the car is doing it. Really not looking forward to having the dealer try to diagnose this. Its a 2011 and obviously out of warranty. I only have one key and my next step is to try to pull the battery from that remote to see if it stops but I suspect that it won't and I don't want to screw up my only working key.

HTML