First Service

Welcome to the busiest full-spectrum Lincoln community online!

Please join us! We'd really love to have you as a member...

skihoser

Our Nautilus is at the dealers for its first oil service. Notice started coming on projecting a service earlier this month and now it was on for a service. Mileage is just over 14,000. Seems a bit long for a oil change but the dealer says the computer will tell us when it is due. H-m-m-m

bbf2530

Our Nautilus is at the dealers for its first oil service. Notice started coming on projecting a service earlier this month and now it was on for a service. Mileage is just over 14,000. Seems a bit long for a oil change but the dealer says the computer will tell us when it is due. H-m-m-m

Hi skihoser. The Lincoln recommended (maximum) oil change interval is 1 year/10,000 miles (whichever comes first).
When did you purchase your Nautilus and how many miles were on it when you purchased it?

If you purchased new with minimal miles on the vehicle and this is the first oil change service, the IOLM (Intelligent Oil Life Monitor) should have prompted you to change the oil at least 4,000 miles ago.

If the oil had never been changed previously, you were long overdue (at least mileage wise) for a first oil change.

You may want to ask the Service Writer about this.

Let us know how you make out and good luck.

G-214388

The car was new and we purchased in May. We have done a lot of long interstate driving so imagine it may have an impact. But, I will shorten the visits after today. In fact, before we left on this trip I discussed oil changes with my home service advisor and told him about this trip expecting to add 4000 miles to the existing almost 12000 it had on it and he said don't worry. Hmmm

bbf2530

The car was new and we purchased in May. We have done a lot of long interstate driving so imagine it may have an impact. But, I will shorten the visits after today. In fact, before we left on this trip I discussed oil changes with my home service advisor and told him about this trip expecting to add 4000 miles to the existing almost 12000 it had on it and he said don't worry. Hmmm

Hi G-2214. Details matter. You did not mention how many miles were on the vehicle when you purchased.
And are you stating it had ~12,000 miles on it when you purchased it? Or you have put 12,000 miles on it since you purchased? It matters in order for us to give you the best information we can to your OCI question.

This much is for certain: The absolute maximum oil change interval is 1 year/10,000 miles, whichever comes first. No exceptions. You can change sooner if you like, but never later than that.

Doing so will endanger not only your engine, but your vehicle's warranty coverage. And if an oil change was never performed on that vehicle, the IOLM should have illuminated over 4,000 miles ago.

Get back to us with more detail. From what you stated above, I have a theory, but let's know the details first.
So it would help to know...How many miles were on the vehicle when you purchased it" How many are on it now? And are you 100% sure an oil change was never performed on that vehicle since it was new (at the Dealership)?
It was due for a first oil change (and an illuminated IOLM warning) by 10,000 miles...maximum.

Good luck.

Last edited:

FordLincoln

I purchased my 2021 Nautilus brand new in June and only have approximately 5,000 miles on it. I had planned on waiting until 7,500 miles to get the oil changed.