Embedded Modem Non-Existent And Option For Adding One

whatsupdoc

Hi everyone - sadly, the Lincoln MKT does not have an embedded modem in it, so adding a Ford embedded modem and using the Lincoln Way app to connect to the vehicle is not available/ will not work (found out the hard way). However, installing the Viper SmartStart VSM300 in my 2018 Lincoln MKT Reserve and installing the Viper SmartStart app in my iPhone 6s Plus completely works for remote starting, shutting off, unlocking, locking, panic mode and opening /closing the trunk. Annual subscription cost is about $74 with tax for this level of functionality and it includes an auto club membership which provides roadside assistance and towing (with certain limits, of course). Bluetooth connectivity (which to me is redundant since it already has cellular wireless/internet connectivity) and vehicle location (map) is available at an additional cost.

Last edited:

deveraux2000

Austin, TX
Hi Whatsupdoc. did you find anything out? i just purchased a 2019 MKT from a Ford dealership - and they are the ones that incorrectly told me about the Lincoln app remote start. I'm in the same boat.

melissacherice

Hi Whatsupdoc. did you find anything out? i just purchased a 2019 MKT from a Ford dealership - and they are the ones that incorrectly told me about the Lincoln app remote start. I'm in the same boat.
Ugh. Me too! Looking in to options. One installer told me the wiring hasn’t changed since 2015 so if you can find an aftermarket system that is compatible with 2015 and beyond, it should work. I’m going to give it a try. I will respond with the results. Also see above somebody had luck with a viper system.

deveraux2000

Austin, TX
Ugh. Me too! Looking in to options. One installer told me the wiring hasn’t changed since 2015 so if you can find an aftermarket system that is compatible with 2015 and beyond, it should work. I’m going to give it a try. I will respond with the results. Also see above somebody had luck with a viper system.
Bummer. Yes, please LMK. Wondering if it's just easier we continue to use our fobs?

I did see the post re: the Viper system, but then that will implicate a new subscription that I'm not thrilled to consider. Good luck!

HTML