Lincoln Forums Navigation:

Electrical issue

Joey213

Need help on this fellas. I know I am new here but I need urgent help before I take this beauty to an electrical repair shop and spend hundreds of dollars on this problem.

When vehicle engine is running(this happens while driving too)and turn signals are actuated, the digital dash, turn signals, and air conditioner cuts off. Additionally, steering effort increases substantially. The duration may be momentary (less than 5 seconds) or last for a minute or longer. Frequency is 30+ percent of the time when the turn signals are engaged (left or right).

Also now today when trying to start the car up. The car wouldn’t start at all. Only the radio/stereo will work. I hit the fuse box by the steering wheel a couple of times and after doing that it started it back up.

This is driving me nuts please help fellas.

Town

Ottawa Ontario Canada
Welcome to the Forum.

What year is your Town Car? I have electrical schematics but need your model year for access.

Have you checked for loose connections in the junction boxes (driver side passenger compartment and the battery junction box under the hood). The power steering on some 90's Town Cars have a dash mounted control to vary the power steering effect so all the problematic features are on column or main dash or the automatic temperature control module. Maybe check for a loose electrical connection in the steering column or dash area.

Good luck.

Joey213

Welcome to the Forum.

What year is your Town Car? I have electrical schematics but need your model year for access.

Have you checked for loose connections in the junction boxes (driver side passenger compartment and the battery junction box under the hood). The power steering on some 90's Town Cars have a dash mounted control to vary the power steering effect so all the problematic features are on column or main dash or the automatic temperature control module. Maybe check for a loose electrical connection in the steering column or dash area.

Good luck.
2003 Lincoln town car Cartier

Now when the problem happens again the car completely shuts off.

I will check for all of that. Thank you.

Town

Ottawa Ontario Canada
I don't have schematics for the 2003 model but I should be able to check the 2007 model tomorrow. Probably similar for the main components giving you trouble.

Good luck.

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.

HTML