Electric Window Issue

Welcome to the busiest full-spectrum Lincoln community online!

Please join us! We'd really love to have you as a member...

Babyburr

Has this happened to anyone? I had my driver’s side window down, and as I put it up, I heard a big crashing sound of breaking glass and then a bang and something hit inside door making a loud pinging noise. It scared my Granddaughter half to death. I thought for a second, I may have caught a bullet! Got out and looked over the door and no bullet hole. Tried to put window down and it made broken glass sound and window dod not move. Pushed the up button so window wouldn’t have a chance to fall out. Can’t figure out what happen. Only thing I’ve come up with is window actuator went bonkers and extended too far into glass and broke the bottom portion.
What do ya think?
Thanks

raiderfan247365

Western Oregon
Has this happened to anyone? I had my driver’s side window down, and as I put it up, I heard a big crashing sound of breaking glass and then a bang and something hit inside door making a loud pinging noise. It scared my Granddaughter half to death. I thought for a second, I may have caught a bullet! Got out and looked over the door and no bullet hole. Tried to put window down and it made broken glass sound and window dod not move. Pushed the up button so window wouldn’t have a chance to fall out. Can’t figure out what happen. Only thing I’ve come up with is window actuator went bonkers and extended too far into glass and broke the bottom portion.
What do ya think?
Thanks

I think you are probably right, in that there is a mechanical issue with your window. Unfortunately, the only way to get more information is to take your door panel off and look around.

bbf2530

What do ya think?
Thanks

Hi Bb. Could be that the regulator broke and dropped/crashed down into the door itself. But yes, it is also possible the glass broke, although I would think the window would not stay up if it was broken at the bottom. But that is only speculation.

As raiderfan stated, the only way to find out for sure is to remove the door panel and see what you find.

Let us know how you make out and good luck.

Babyburr

It’s weird for sure. I’ll let ya know after I get into it.

Hound Dog

The door glass is tempered safety glass. If it broke, the entire thing would shatter into a million pieces. You can't just break a portion.

It must have been a metal portion of the track.