Dtc

dkbeckering

I have a 2007 MKX and self testing the eatc the dtc code of 9251showed up and I have not found what that code goes to, I need help.

enigma-2

There doesn't appear to be a DCT for 9251 in the service manual. They start with a letter such as "B" or "P". The only codes that came close were 925A thru 925F which are related to blend doors.

dkbeckering

I do agree but enclosed is a picture of my eatc control module, so please enlighten me on the code I see in the picture.
2B192375-E67A-4FF9-89F2-86EEF6A5AFCE.jpeg

enigma-2

Yea, I agree with Marc. I don't have a HELM manual, but remember replying on a different forum where the 9251 was the interior temperature sensor. I based this on another forum where one member was troubleshooting his Ford, disconnected the sensor and got the 9251 error. (Went away when he reconnected it).

The sensor is located behind the lower plastic panel on the drivers side (on an 09 and 10). There's a hose running to it. The setup samples the air temperature in the hvac housing and pulls air over a thermistor. Once you pull the panel under steering wheel, part of the dash, its easy to find and replace. Just look for a hose running to an electric part.

dkbeckering

After plugging that connector back in and rerunning a self test I now have two different codes which are A2 6C and A9 5A. I would like to know what those codes mean.

Marc

If you cycle the engine on-off a few times, is the codes still there?

Marc

After plugging that connector back in and rerunning a self test I now have two different codes which are A2 6C and A9 5A. I would like to know what those codes mean.
Those numbers don’t look like DTC’s. Unfortunately I do not have the service manual for this model.

" ELECTRONIC AUTOMATIC TEMPERATURE CONTROL (EATC) MODULE DIAGNOSTIC TROUBLE CODE (DTC) INDEX
DTC EATC code Description
B1249 249 Blend door short/Blend door failure
B1251 1251 A/C in-car temperature sensor open circuit
B1253 1253 A/C in-car temperature sensor short to ground
B1255 1255 A/C ambient temperature sensor open circuit
B1257 1257 A/C ambient temperature sensor short to ground
B1261 1261 A/C solar radiation sensor circuit short to ground
B2416 2416 Recirc door short recirc door failure
U1041 N/A SCP invalid or missing data for function read vehicle speed
U1073 N/A SCP invalid or missing data for engine coolant
U1222 N/A SCP invalid or missing data for interior lamps
U1235 N/A SCP invalid or missing data for displays"

Marc

Looks like a damper is stuck/actuator defective. Try to find a video showing how to get access to these. You may have to remove the dash.

dkbeckering

Since everywhere I have looked they send me back to blend door actuator, which I can replace no problem. My problem in my dual temp control and both sides set the same temp I can feel that there are two different tamps coming out of the vents. I was told it could the damper, I would like to know the location of the damper, or any more ideas on what else could be wrong.