drivers door module 2004 town car

04TC

Tampa, FL
I don't think they're plug and play, they must be programmed by a dealer, as in this thread: How do you program a Driver Door Module?
I can't imagine that the 2004 model would be simpler than the 2001... But I would call a (couple of) Ford/Lincoln dealers and ask if unable to find information in this forum for the '04. If you end up getting a used one off of ebay or somewhere else, try to get one from a same model year car.

wolf_walker

If the car the module came from, assuming it's the same or a compatible part number, had the exact same options is your car, sunroof, power seats, memory, heated, I'm not sure what else, then yes you can directly swap them. If for example your car has memory seats but the doner one does not, something's not going to work right as the module is not aware of your memory seats. This is where programing comes in. Forscan, if you are so inclined, can copy the programing off your old one and upload it to the new one. In theory, I've never done it. If (when) mine dies I'll try to repair it first, failing that I'll try to reprogram one. That thing should never have been mounted in a door.

estreet7

No you do not have to have it programmed!!!I had a similar problem in my 04 Ultimate! I got Wiring diagrams and watched tons of YouTube videos on electrical trouble shooting! I even bought wire tracers and a Load Pro to test the wires! But, in the diagrams everything pointed to the DDM! So, I went to the U Pull and Pay and eventually they got one in with the same part numbers as mine! Months and months of reading Service manuals and how to read schematics videos and finally I was about to test something! But, first I changed the Driver Door Module and-Presto! Radio shut off, Power seat, Mirrors, Door locks, trunk release, Keyless entry, courtesy exit lights etc all worked again! 1 $20.00 plug and play part!!!

electric jack

No you do not have to have it programmed!!!I had a similar problem in my 04 Ultimate! I got Wiring diagrams and watched tons of YouTube videos on electrical trouble shooting! I even bought wire tracers and a Load Pro to test the wires! But, in the diagrams everything pointed to the DDM! So, I went to the U Pull and Pay and eventually they got one in with the same part numbers as mine! Months and months of reading Service manuals and how to read schematics videos and finally I was about to test something! But, first I changed the Driver Door Module and-Presto! Radio shut off, Power seat, Mirrors, Door locks, trunk release, Keyless entry, courtesy exit lights etc all worked again! 1 $20.00 plug and play part!!!

Is that the upper box or the lower box please I havethe same problem on my 1999 with 74,000 miles on her...

All2kool

Portland, OR
...first I changed the Driver Door Module and-Presto! Radio shut off, Power seat, Mirrors, Door locks, trunk release, Keyless entry, courtesy exit lights etc all worked again! 1 $20.00 plug and play part!
I've read several times over the years that a DDM can be Plug-N-Play if the donor car has the same exact options. Sounds like you got just that.

HTML