Driver power seat stopped working

Skrimps

Hello,

So randomly the driver side power seat stopped working correctly. The rear seat back will recline backwards, but not forwards. Sometimes it will work and move forward, but only after messing with it. The seat bottom itself will not slide forward or backward, and sometimes the front of the seat will move up and down but not always. I can hear a click from under the seat on some of the positions, but not always.

So here is the odd thing. No matter how messed up the seat is, if I recall my memory settings by pressing '1', the seat will move back into the correct position. The seat back will recline or move forward to the correct position, and the bottom will also move forward or backward on the track and up or down to get back to the memory position. But the rest of the switches still do not work properly, only the memory setting. I am hoping someone can help me figure out why, perhaps the switches themselves?

Norms1stTC

I would say Bad or weak electric motor(s), specifically the fore and aft motor, when you push the memory button are you sitting in the seat, or standing outside the car ? If you're sitting in seat and it works, could be bad switch module, if you're standing outside car, I'd say you need to change motor.

dave42

Leander, TX C.K.U.
I'm going to guess your DDM is going out. Issues will vary, as the DDM controls lots of stuff. On mine, the mirror switch causes mirror to go other direction. Replacing the switch did not help. My seats were also dead, but disconnecting the battery while getting a new one started the seats working again! There are some other DDM issues with my car, I have a DDM from ebay, but haven't installed it yet. But I will suggest disconnecting the battery for a while, as that has been known to occasionally "fix" weird problems, and it is easy.

Fschneiderjr48

Hello,

So randomly the driver side power seat stopped working correctly. The rear seat back will recline backwards, but not forwards. Sometimes it will work and move forward, but only after messing with it. The seat bottom itself will not slide forward or backward, and sometimes the front of the seat will move up and down but not always. I can hear a click from under the seat on some of the positions, but not always.

So here is the odd thing. No matter how messed up the seat is, if I recall my memory settings by pressing '1', the seat will move back into the correct position. The seat back will recline or move forward to the correct position, and the bottom will also move forward or backward on the track and up or down to get back to the memory position. But the rest of the switches still do not work properly, only the memory setting. I am hoping someone can help me figure out why, perhaps the switches themselves?
I would replace switches. If they are not working at all check your fuses.
fschneiderjr48

Skrimps

Thanks everyone for the input. The seat did move with me sitting in it. So the next day after I made this post I started messing with the switches some more and found that by lightly pressing upwards on the switch, then pressing it forwards or backwards, all the seat functions will work as normal. Even the recline switch started working on its own as well (pure magic? dirty switches? I don't know). So it could be some worn out switches? Either way I got the seat where I want it, and stored in memory so it's not a big deal thankfully.