Disable fake engine noise? 15 MKT

gwpfan

Anyone know how to disable the fake engine noise on a 15 MKT? 3.5L Ecoboost Engine.

I know Ford can do this on the F150's via some kind of software (IDS?) on those with a Sony sound system.

We didn't have this on our 2012 MKT and now have this hated 'feature.' Our 12 was so much quieter of a car and we liked it more. Hopefully someone knows how.

Lincwitsync

I think GWPFan is referring to the engine growl that is piped into the vehicle via the audio system. Ford and other automakers seem to think that piping/enhancing the engine note into the car's cabin improves the driving experience. Today's cars (especially Lincolns) are normally very quiet. You typically don't even hear the exhaust note while it's running.

Although, I didn't know that non-performance models had this feature. Maybe when it's put in Sport mode, it turns the feature on. I need to look into this a little more.

gwpfan

Lincwitsync - correct.

So many of the die hard V8 people seems to love their exhaust tones....tons of 'complaints' in the truck forums, especially Raptor's, on how the Ecoboost sounds so poor and doesn't have the growl....

Personally I love a quiet vehicle, I have a Raptor but short of offroading, I'd rather drive my Ecoboost truck. Looking forward to the new Raptor with the Ecoboost and I sure hope one can disable that fake engine noise since I am sure they'll pipe it over the speakers on the Raptor.

Not sure if this helps but we have a fully loaded MKT. Can get the VIN if that'll help.

csmith72

Anyone know how to disable the fake engine noise on a 15 MKT? 3.5L Ecoboost Engine.

I know Ford can do this on the F150's via some kind of software (IDS?) on those with a Sony sound system.

We didn't have this on our 2012 MKT and now have this hated 'feature.' Our 12 was so much quieter of a car and we liked it more. Hopefully someone knows how.
Modify: second character in second set should be 0 to disable fake engine noise.
Fake engine noise disable ACM 727-01-01 xxxx x0xx xxxx

RedGeminiPA

Altoona, PA
I’d like to disable mine, too. It’s pretty annoying, as it’s not like the EB is a sweet sounding, burly V8... Sport mode doesn’t seem to make it any worse, at least that I’ve noticed.

It’s one thing to have noise cancellation for some things, but we don’t want or need added fake engine sounds in a luxury vehicle.

Seldom Seen

DFW
My 2013 MKT EcoBoost has always been noisy in both Drive and Sport on hard acceleration. Same volume level in both, making me think it's stuck on in Drive. I think it's confused. I'll ask the dealer to check it next time I'm in.

Anyone notice it being louder in Sport??

RedGeminiPA

Altoona, PA
I would hope it’s no louder in Sport mode (I haven’t noticed it), as there would be nothing different happening, except it won’t shift to 6th gear on its own.

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.

HTML