• If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "1998 Town Car" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 1998 Town Car" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense...

Disable easy out seat feature

I wanted to let people know that it is possible to disable the easy out / easy entry / easy access feature yourself.
There's a program called FORScan available from forscan.org that will allow you to do that as well as other things.
It worked on my 2007 LTC.

To make changes you need a laptop and it works best with a usb OBDII adapter but you might be able to use a bluetooth OBDII adapter.

The support on their forum is very good and there are some good tutorials.
I plan on experimenting more with this program in a couple of months.
I've included a screenshot of the program in the DSM field.

Attachments

YoungOldMan

So far it hasn't thrown a code. I don't expect it to.
There's was a tutorial that I followed that helped me figure it out.
Fantastic! My seat motor seems to have plenty of life in it, but sometimes it doesn't move all the way forward when I get in and I have to adjust it the last few inches manually. Also, I'm not keen on it crushing rear seat passengers knees :)

Did you utilize the free or extended versions of the download to edit that command?
I used the extended version. If you're registered on the forum you can download a 2 month trial of the extended version.

I think the Standard version would have been able to edit the easy out seat as well as most of the other possible feature changes. The Standard version is free btw.

I don't think you can program a new key without the master key with the Standard version or perform other PATS functions.

When it warms up here and I have more time I'll compare the 2 versions.

wolf_walker

I'm a big fan of ForScan, amazing what it can do for free.
I've actually run into a couple of people that paid big bucks for
software that does the same jazz and were a bit hostile about it.
I can access everything on my 04 BUT the parking sensor system,
and in theory with the right adaptor for the UDP buss I could do that too.

Also, ya'll are nuts, I adore the easy in/out feature. It might well be the cars best feature lol

MachMarcus

I used the extended version. If you're registered on the forum you can download a 2 month trial of the extended version.

I think the Standard version would have been able to edit the easy out seat as well as most of the other possible feature changes. The Standard version is free btw.

I don't think you can program a new key without the master key with the Standard version or perform other PATS functions.

When it warms up here and I have more time I'll compare the 2 versions.
Thanks for this information! Got USB ODBII connector today and set out with my laptop to fix the easy out seat. Just for the record, you must have the extended version to complete the change. But, just as you stated, if you register on the forum, you can download a 2 month trial of the extended. Disabled the easy out seat (that had bothered me from the day I purchased the vehicle about a year ago!) and also was able to disable the autolock (lock all doors when transmission put in Drive). That one also bothered me! Thanks to this forum for the knowledge and information.

Thanks for this information! Got USB ODBII connector today and set out with my laptop to fix the easy out seat. Just for the record, you must have the extended version to complete the change. But, just as you stated, if you register on the forum, you can download a 2 month trial of the extended. Disabled the easy out seat (that had bothered me from the day I purchased the vehicle about a year ago!) and also was able to disable the autolock (lock all doors when transmission put in Drive). That one also bothered me! Thanks to this forum for the knowledge and information.
Glad you got it sorted out!

joe1234

Anyone know if Forscan can initiate the ABS auto brake bleed procedure?

JJ SMNOW

Ok so I download the one for my windows laptop. Than connect with a usb OBDII adapter.
Than what. Where is the lessons for this from than on please.

Thanks.

HTML