• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "1998 Town Car" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 1998 Town Car" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

Differences between 2003 TC trunks & 2004+ TC trunks

MachMarcus

East Tennessee
Just purchased from a fellow on Craigslist locally the civilian trunk pack for the Town Car, Grand Marquis & Crown Vic. Just like this one. 4W1Z-78115A00-AAA - Ford Parts Giant

My Town Car is a 2003 Signature. I thought that all 2003+ Town Car trunks were the same, but apparently, the 2003 is different from 2004+ models as this trunk pack does not fit. Was wondering what might be the differences? The trunk lid pull down motor appears to be the culprit in allowing this to fit as the panel that covers it extends into the trunk space. I never paid much attention to this portion of the trunk. Could someone with one of those years take a couple of photographs of this back panel area for reference?

Thanks for the help.

MachMarcus

East Tennessee
Yeah, I just didn't think that there would be a difference in the trunk specifications between 2003 & 2004+. I was curious if it's the back interior panel & pull down trunk lid assembly. I'd prefer not to cut this really nice, rare piece if I didn't have too. Should have done some leg work prior to purchasing this I guess.

Town

Ottawa Ontario Canada
Welcome to the Forum.

My 2007 model came from the factory with an organiser on the bottom of the trunk which is a plastic box with lid. It brings the trunk floor to a convenient height. Attached are the pics of the trunk. Also attached is a pic of the organiser netting which I bought from from Lincoln dealer with a more vertical view of the pull-down mechanism for the trunk. I do not have a pic of the inside of the trunk lid where the trunk latch is located.

Attachments

dave42

Leander, TX C.K.U.
The trunk organizer in my '03 does not look like the link from the first post. The cover on mine lifts from front to back, not sideways like the picture in the link. It has two net dividers that go from front to back to divide the area into thirds. I was also under the impression the '03 and '04 were the same.

Town

Ottawa Ontario Canada
The trunk organizer in my '03 does not look like the link from the first post. The cover on mine lifts from front to back, not sideways like the picture in the link. It has two net dividers that go from front to back to divide the area into thirds. I was also under the impression the '03 and '04 were the same.
That sounds like the description of the standard organiser in the trunk of my 07 model too.

jkeaton

Winston Salem, NC
Just purchased from a fellow on Craigslist locally the civilian trunk pack for the Town Car, Grand Marquis & Crown Vic. Just like this one. 4W1Z-78115A00-AAA - Ford Parts Giant

My Town Car is a 2003 Signature. I thought that all 2003+ Town Car trunks were the same, but apparently, the 2003 is different from 2004+ models as this trunk pack does not fit. Was wondering what might be the differences? The trunk lid pull down motor appears to be the culprit in allowing this to fit as the panel that covers it extends into the trunk space. I never paid much attention to this portion of the trunk. Could someone with one of those years take a couple of photographs of this back panel area for reference?

Thanks for the help.
Where can I get a trunk organizer for a 2005 Town Car that I just purchased ? Thanks , PET (tess352@yahoo.com) .
The link provided leads to it, but it is a discontinued part. You cannot but them new any longer. Best bet is craigslist as the original poster mentions, or ebay, junk yard.

HTML