• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "1998 Town Car" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 1998 Town Car" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

Did Lincoln offer special services like Cadillac did?

Welcome to the busiest full-spectrum Lincoln community online!

Please join us! We'd really love to have you as a member...

Corsart

The automotive press just calls them old people cars.
The thing about "Automotive press" is that these people have zero qualifications other than their own high mindedness to pass judgements of any kind. There's is simply an opinion, no more or less, and no more or less accurate than anyone else's. I'm not one to respond well to that type of high mindedness, and even less inclined to bother with snark, so when know nothings label certain cars as "Old people cars", I dismiss forever their credibility as anything more than entertainers. The demographic of Cadillac and Lincoln owners resulted from their cost putting them out of reach of youngsters, especially in the age of cash or bank only financing, no cheap leases. Sure,MB owners were typcially younger, but by 5 years or so, not as much as the sarcasm would suggest. So, GM and Ford tailored these cars to the needs and wants of their constituency. I, too, find that as I get older, the sporty imports that share garage space with my Corsair aren't quite as alluring as they used to be either, at least not with the same frequency. I'm not sure about "Posh" and "Greatest gen", my dad did what he was called on to do, and I am sure based on the (awful) stories he told, he would have preferred to not do them.

Corsart

Someone who is 65 years old probably has 45-50 years of car buying experience, so they know quite a bit.
Really?

Experience doesn't translate into knowledge. One has to have some ability to extract the latter from the former. . That, sadly in very short supply these days.

Things are inside out( for many reasons), but the availability of easy credit and the encouragement to take on increasing amounts of personal debt is part of the reason why the demographics are what they are. People closer to what you referred to as "the Greatest Gen" aren't as willing to take on debt to live outside their means. They also aren't as impressed by polished marble waiting rooms, Perrier and dealership Koi ponds. So, paying cash (or qualifying for a bank loan) on a $75k car skews the data to show that certain cars are "Old people cars". Proudly one of those, here!

C Krohn

Fort Worth, TX
Really?

Experience doesn't translate into knowledge. One has to have some ability to extract the latter from the former. . That, sadly in very short supply these days.

Things are inside out( for many reasons), but the availability of easy credit and the encouragement to take on increasing amounts of personal debt is part of the reason why the demographics are what they are. People closer to what you referred to as "the Greatest Gen" aren't as willing to take on debt to live outside their means. They also aren't as impressed by polished marble waiting rooms, Perrier and dealership Koi ponds. So, paying cash (or qualifying for a bank loan) on a $75k car skews the data to show that certain cars are "Old people cars". Proudly one of those, here!

Me too.