• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "1998 Town Car" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 1998 Town Car" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

Detroit News Introduction Article

• Thread starter imported_70belvedere
  • Start date

imported_70belvedere

Cranks but no Start

Apparently you didn\'t read all the posts
The module does not supply voltage to the Fuel pump

Lux

Cranks but no Start

I read the whole thing. When you turn the key, can you hear the fuel pump?

Lux

Cranks but no Start

I assumed you jumped the contacts @ the inertia switch. Check for voltage and grounds @ the pump and replace the relays. Post back results.

imported_70belvedere

Cranks but no Start

Yes to first question. Will check voltage coming out of fuel pump relay. still need to check fuel pump ground. Since the car runs when I add gas the EEC relay must be ok so I was told.

Lux

Cranks but no Start

[quote name=\'70belvedere\']Yes to first question. Will check voltage coming out of fuel pump relay. still need to check fuel pump ground. Since the car runs when I add gas the EEC relay must be ok so I was told.[/QUOTE]

The pump runs off of two feeds one is through the ecm, i would assume the same but check voltage going to the pump..at least i would before dropping the tank.

imported_70belvedere

Cranks but no Start

Well it was the fuel pump all along and not the TFI module. I can\'t even hear it come on now. That must be one of the reasons I was told so many times to check the fuel pressure.

I called the dealer today and asked them to give me a ball park figure on the cost of labor to replace the fuel pump for my 90 Mk Vll.. They told me $197.10.

If I knew from the start it was the fuel pump, replacing it would have taken 10 days. I just wanted to be sure because once installed it can\'t be returned.

Thanks to all
John

HTML