• Thread starter imported_70belvedere
  • Start date

imported_70belvedere

Cranks but no Start

Apparently you didn\'t read all the posts
The module does not supply voltage to the Fuel pump

Lux

Cranks but no Start

I read the whole thing. When you turn the key, can you hear the fuel pump?

Lux

Cranks but no Start

I assumed you jumped the contacts @ the inertia switch. Check for voltage and grounds @ the pump and replace the relays. Post back results.

imported_70belvedere

Cranks but no Start

Yes to first question. Will check voltage coming out of fuel pump relay. still need to check fuel pump ground. Since the car runs when I add gas the EEC relay must be ok so I was told.

Lux

Cranks but no Start

[quote name=\'70belvedere\']Yes to first question. Will check voltage coming out of fuel pump relay. still need to check fuel pump ground. Since the car runs when I add gas the EEC relay must be ok so I was told.[/QUOTE]

The pump runs off of two feeds one is through the ecm, i would assume the same but check voltage going to the pump..at least i would before dropping the tank.

imported_70belvedere

Cranks but no Start

Well it was the fuel pump all along and not the TFI module. I can\'t even hear it come on now. That must be one of the reasons I was told so many times to check the fuel pressure.

I called the dealer today and asked them to give me a ball park figure on the cost of labor to replace the fuel pump for my 90 Mk Vll.. They told me $197.10.

If I knew from the start it was the fuel pump, replacing it would have taken 10 days. I just wanted to be sure because once installed it can\'t be returned.

Thanks to all
John

HTML