Delivery time

Welcome to the busiest full-spectrum Lincoln community online!

Please join us! We'd really love to have you as a member...

Voidoid

How long does it take from ordering to delivery
Unfortunately, with the chip crisis, orders can take months. There is no “set in stone” lead time right now and orders will not be scheduled for production until Lincoln had all of the necessary parts/components on hand.

Once your vehicle is produced, it is then shipped (typically via rail) then ultimately delivered by truck to your dealer. So depending on your geographic location it is difficult to predict shipping time.

As an example, my order was placed 10/9 for a 2022 Corsair Grand Touring and there is still no production date scheduled. My guess is the car will be built sometime after the New Year (hopefully!)

RedHoncho

SUPPORTING MEMBER
Marysville, Ohio
I ordered my 2021 on July 5. It was delivered to the dealership on September 30 and I picked it upon October 1. My sales rep said he was surprised it arrived so quickly.

Currently, Louisville Assembly where the Corsair is built, is experiencing parts shortages that are beyond the microchip issues. The build out for the 2021 Corsair has been pushed out to December 2. Job #1 for the 2022 model Corsair is slated to begin on December 2.

Good luck and keep us posted!

tgara

Right, there is no firm timeframe unfortunately. It all depends on complex supply availability, labor availability, shipping logistics, plant hours, union rules and strikes, etc. FYI I placed the order for my 2021 Nautilus in mid March and finally got it in August. Your mileage may vary as they say, but one thing is for sure, you will have to be patient.

bbf2530

How long does it take from ordering to delivery

Hi James. For years before the pandemic and resultant commodity and material shortages, order to delivery wait time was generally in the ~8 week range.

Now, that is all out the window, since production and delivery times will depend on a multitude of factors that are too numerous to get into here. So as others have mentioned, all we can do is ask the Dealer to give our order the highest order priority possible, then place the order and wait.

Good luck.

ICBruin

I placed my Grand Touring order on September 10. It is currently scheduled to be built the week of January 17 with an estimate of 10-14 days for delivery to dealer following production. I note that the build date has been pushed back several times over the past couple of weeks, so it would not surprise me if that scheduled build date gets pushed back several more times.

JAMESH

Thanks for your observations. I Placed the order on November 23. I am hopefully it will be delivered in three months. No problem, I already have a good car. I have a 2018 BMW B7. The Corsica will be a second car. I am just getting older.

HBcorsair

I was surprised that even though mine started it’s journey from the Lexington facility on Nov 1, it didn’t get to the California dealership until Nov 24. Thanksgiving took on a whole new meaning

sam.kr

I placed an order on Dec 2nd and they said estimated delivery is mid Feb. Is this aligned with what you guys heard from your dealerships?

RedHoncho

SUPPORTING MEMBER
Marysville, Ohio
I was surprised that even though mine started it’s journey from the Lexington facility on Nov 1, it didn’t get to the California dealership until Nov 24. Thanksgiving took on a whole new meaning
The factory is in Louisville, KY. Shipping to California means it goes by truck to a railyard where it is sorted and prepared for loading onto a rail car. Then it ships by rail to another railyard where it is offloaded and sorted again for delivery to your dealership via truck. Three weeks is average timing for this process.

heywardjr

SUPPORTING MEMBER
I placed an order on Dec 2nd and they said estimated delivery is mid Feb. Is this aligned with what you guys heard from your dealerships?
I placed my GT order on 12/1/21 and got an email a week later from Lincoln saying my car would be made on 2/28/22. Then yesterday I got another email from Lincoln saying my new manufacturing date has been moved up to 1/3/22. YEAH!!! We will see. I'm super excited but realize it all depends on a ton of factors. I will let you guys know when I get another notice. I feel like a kid in a candy store as I am retiring on 1/7 and maybe a week or so later my new GT arrives! OMG that would be a great way to start a new year!!! Love the looks of the Corsair and the GT option is sweet icing on the cake,.

bbf2530

Not sure why I can not delete

Hi heyward. We do not have the ability to delete a post/reply. Only the Administrator and I assume Moderators can do that.

But you can delete the text. However, the reply still has to contain something, so just leave a period or a smiley, or a "Never mind", "Oooops"...etc. etc. ;)

Traceyjp

Unfortunately, with the chip crisis, orders can take months. There is no “set in stone” lead time right now and orders will not be scheduled for production until Lincoln had all of the necessary parts/components on hand.

Once your vehicle is produced, it is then shipped (typically via rail) then ultimately delivered by truck to your dealer. So depending on your geographic location it is difficult to predict shipping time.

As an example, my order was placed 10/9 for a 2022 Corsair Grand Touring and there is still no production date scheduled. My guess is the car will be built sometime after the New Year (hopefully!)
I ordered my Corsair Reserve in October also. I have a production date of 1/11/22. It was pushed back once. I checked on my order yesterday & it says “in production.” My best guess is that I will get it in February.

Last edited:

heywardjr

SUPPORTING MEMBER
I just got notice it has shipped to the dealer. It was in production about a week. Last week I got notice it was in production. On Monday I ran the test to see if the control modules are programmed and it was not on Friday when the vehicle was produced but on Monday the chips reported programming and I could see all the data. Then this morning they released the car for shipping. Said to expect it by 1/21 but dealer said it would be here next week most likely from Kentucky (truck/convoy shipping). I'm in Virginia.

G-849949

I just got notice it has shipped to the dealer. It was in production about a week. Last week I got notice it was in production. On Monday I ran the test to see if the control modules are programmed and it was not on Friday when the vehicle was produced but on Monday the chips reported programming and I could see all the data. Then this morning they released the car for shipping. Said to expect it by 1/21 but dealer said it would be here next week most likely from Kentucky (truck/convoy shipping). I'm in Virginia.
Happy for you and happy to hear GT production is moving forward. My GT order was placed on Dec 2nd and I'm still waiting for the scheduled for production email... that's a bit frustrating as I'm using rental cars now - my previous car was totaled. Anyway, I knew patience is key in this situation.

tgara

Great news! I just hope your GT doesn’t have the same charging issues PaddyH has had. Not a good way to begin your retirement for you pensioners. ;)