Deep Sleep Mode

Welcome to the busiest full-spectrum Lincoln community online!

Please join us! We'd really love to have you as a member...

Al Foster

Constantly receiving messages that my 2021 Corsair Reserve is in Deep Sleep mode and connectivity is temporarily unavailable. This is happening once or twice a week. Drove the vehicle yesterday and received that message again this morning.

Al Foster

Appointment on the 21st. I understand what warranties are for. I’m looking for anyone who has also experienced the issue.

Black Label

SUPPORTING MEMBER
Burr Ridge, IL
Good that you have an appointment. There are numerous previous threads and discussions here if your Search-Fu is good. You may get some answers as to what can cause this.

PaddyH01

Illinois
Have the same issue with my 2021 Corsair Grand Touring Plug-in Hybrid. I can't use remote start to save my butt from Chicago's winter. Please let us know if they fix it or tell you "its a feature".

Al Foster

Have the same issue with my 2021 Corsair Grand Touring Plug-in Hybrid. I can't use remote start to save my butt from Chicago's winter. Please let us know if they fix it or tell you "its a feature".
I’m a Canadian East Coaster, also trying to use my remote starter to keep my ass warm. I’ll keep you posted.

Al Foster

Have the same issue with my 2021 Corsair Grand Touring Plug-in Hybrid. I can't use remote start to save my butt from Chicago's winter. Please let us know if they fix it or tell you "its a feat.

bbf2530

Hi Al and welcome to the Lincoln Forums. Yes, others have had the same issue. If you read the Owners Manual or carefully read the messages on the LincolnWay app, you will see that this will happen, due to different criteria, when the vehicle battery saver system feels the battery state of charge has dropped enough that the system must shut down accessory features to ensure the vehicle can be started later.

This can be "normal", or it can be caused by other issues that need repair (i.e a weak/failing battery, parasitic draw etc.)

When is it "normal"? This can happen and be normal when the vehicle is not being driven often and/or only on short trips (not allowing the battery to recharge), in times of extremely cold weather, the battery is weak/weakening etc. Again, explained in the Owners Manual.

Or as mentioned above, it can also happen if the battery is weak/failing, or there is a parasitic draw on the battery or some other non-normal issue.

If you feel you are driving the vehicle often and long enough for the battery to recharge, and if it is not constant freezing/below freezing temps where you are, then you will need to have the cause properly diagnosed and repaired under warranty.

There are also many existing threads on the forums discussing this subject, if you want to do a site search.

EDIT- Forgot to mention...In the case of my MKZ, when I began receiving the "Deep Sleep Mode" messages on the LincolnWay app too quickly/often in the winter months, it was due to a failing battery. A new battery took care of the issue (covered under warranty). However, it can sometimes be caused by a problem (as some here can attest to). So having it checked is a good idea.

Let us know how you make out with your service appointment and good luck.

Last edited:

heywardjr

SUPPORTING MEMBER
I would also suggest a 12 volt battery charger which are quite easy to buy off Amazon. I don't drive my Sport Trac that much and after3-4 weeks of sitting the battery was losing power. Now all I do is attach the charger when I know I won't be using the car for a long time and it works great. I suspect I may have to do the same thing with the Corsair when it arrives here in a few weeks. No big deal. Where is the 12 volt battery in the Corsair? My Fusion had the battery in the trunk.

RedHoncho

SUPPORTING MEMBER
Marysville, Ohio
Hi Al and welcome to the Lincoln Forums. Yes, others have had the same issue. If you read the Owners Manual or carefully read the messages on the LincolnWay app, you will see that this will happen, due to different criteria, when the vehicle battery saver system feels the battery state of charge has dropped enough that the system must shut down accessory features to ensure the vehicle can be started later.

This can be "normal", or it can be caused by other issues that need repair (i.e a weak/failing battery, parasitic draw etc.)

When is it "normal"? This can happen and be normal when the vehicle is not being driven often and/or only on short trips (not allowing the battery to recharge), in times of extremely cold weather, the battery is weak/weakening etc. Again, explained in the Owners Manual.

Or as mentioned above, it can also happen if the battery is weak/failing, or there is a parasitic draw on the battery or some other non-normal issue.

If you feel you are driving the vehicle often and long enough for the battery to recharge, and if it is not constant freezing/below freezing temps where you are, then you will need to have the cause properly diagnosed and repaired under warranty.

There are also many existing threads on the forums discussing this subject, if you want to do a site search.

EDIT- Forgot to mention...In the case of my MKZ, when I began receiving the "Deep Sleep Mode" messages on the LincolnWay app too quickly/often in the winter months, it was due to a failing battery. A new battery took care of the issue (covered under warranty). However, it can sometimes be caused by a problem (as some here can attest to). So having it checked is a good idea.

Let us know how you make out with your service appointment and good luck.
If you have a Grand Touring model, it could be you are not driving it enough with the ICE engine engaged to sufficiently charge the 12V battery. I found this out a few weeks after taking delivery of my new GT. I would get the message even when my GT was plugged in to recharge. I found if I drive with the ICE engine engaged a few times a week it stopped that message.

There have also been issues with the app itself, most recently, yesterday. I couldn't access anything on my GT and it said the vehicle was in deep sleep mode. Today, the app seems to be working properly.

mfjj

If you have a Grand Touring model, it could be you are not driving it enough with the ICE engine engaged to sufficiently charge the 12V battery. I found this out a few weeks after taking delivery of my new GT. I would get the message even when my GT was plugged in to recharge. I found if I drive with the ICE engine engaged a few times a week it stopped that message.

There have also been issues with the app itself, most recently, yesterday. I couldn't access anything on my GT and it said the vehicle was in deep sleep mode. Today, the app seems to be working properly.
This is from the vehicle storage section in the owner's manual: "Leave your vehicle plugged in. The 12 volt battery maintains power if left plugged in." I assume this is not true? My 2017 Fusion Energi also made that claim in the manual, but it has failed me at least once. However, turning on the Fusion Energi when plugged in seems to be sufficient to charge the 12V without running the engine. I wonder if that is also true for the Corsair GT.

kingdre

Atlanta, GA
This is from the vehicle storage section in the owner's manual: "Leave your vehicle plugged in. The 12 volt battery maintains power if left plugged in." I assume this is not true? My 2017 Fusion Energi also made that claim in the manual, but it has failed me at least once. However, turning on the Fusion Energi when plugged in seems to be sufficient to charge the 12V without running the engine. I wonder if that is also true for the Corsair GT.
Great question. Thanks EVERYONE for sharing. Im still nervous.

PaddyH01

Illinois

Guess its a feature.

joeb427

My '19 MKC would go into sleep mode at around 14 days of sitting.
If my Corsair is going to sit for a few days, I attach a battery maintainer by Deltran. When attaching the battery tender after driving the vehicle over 30 miles, it's interesting that the battery has less than 85% charge judging by the lights on the battery tender. It takes a few hours to reach 85% and another few hours for the green light 100%. You would think a long drive would have the battery charged at least 85% but no.

HBcorsair

I’m so glad that I read your post. Been making a game out of driving only in electric mode & noticed that I was getting “sleep setting“ notifications within a day or so. Makes sense now about the “other“ battery not getting juice without the ic engine running!

mfjj

I’m so glad that I read your post. Been making a game out of driving only in electric mode & noticed that I was getting “sleep setting“ notifications within a day or so. Makes sense now about the “other“ battery not getting juice without the ic engine running!
But is it supposed to be this way? I know the 12V battery on my 17 Fusion Energi is maintained by the high voltage battery as long as the latter has enough charge left AND the car is on. Besides, the engine on the Corsair GT seems to come on automatically for all kinds of reasons (sometimes annoyingly so). Why can't it come on to maintain the 12V battery when needed?

RedHoncho

SUPPORTING MEMBER
Marysville, Ohio
This is partly why I still want to keep at least one PHEV (instead of all BEVs) in the family for those long and iffy trips.
This is relevant to you Plug In folks, especially during the winter season.

One guy's opinion obviously. Thoughts?
In all fairness, there were semis and gasoline vehicles that also ran out of fuel. Yes, it is currently easier to get fuel into an ICE engine than it is to recharge one on the interstate. Just another man's opinion.