• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "1998 Town Car" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 1998 Town Car" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

Daytime driving lights

vinaygoel2000

Houston
My 2015 MKT was told not equipped and can't be added several 2013 and 2014 MKX have had them added with some difficulty from some dealers how do I pursue this?????????
Go to an audio shop. They can wire your fog lights to turn on with ignition for less than $50.

As Seldom Seen mentioned, the capability is likely already there as it is on the 5th generation Explorers. All that was required on the Explorer was for the dealer to hook up their IDS laptop and select the proper setting.
BTW, the members on the Explorer forum are finding and setting up/activating all kinds of options using Forscan. Quite a few have eliminated that dreaded "double Honk" you get when closing the door when you get out with the engine running.
http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/index.php?threads/new-forscan-update-allows-module-programming.442848/

Peter

That will solve one issue. You will then likely also have to turn off the Day/Night setting on the MLT display and perhaps adjust the dash lighting. It also will turn on your rear lights which isn't a bad thing.

rlreiter@aol.com

If all else fails, call service manager, Jorge Mancillas, at Alvarez Lincoln Jaguar in Riverside CA at (951)*687-1212. His tech was able to turn on fog lamps as DRL. A note about the process - For some reason, you need to take both of your key fobs with you to have this done. I didn't know that and had to make an additional 60 mile round trip to have the process completed.

Several members over on the Explorer forum are using Forscan to do their own programming such as disabling the double honk, enabling/disabling DRL, remote start etc. Apparently there are several features that can be enabled/disabled on the Explorer. I'm guessing that perhaps the Lincoln is the same. No mention of having to have the 2 fobs or even 1 when doing the programming.

Peter

Last edited:

turbodave

Seymour, TN
If all else fails, call service manager, Jorge Mancillas, at Alvarez Lincoln Jaguar in Riverside CA at (951)*687-1212. His tech was able to turn on fog lamps as DRL. A note about the process - For some reason, you need to take both of your key fobs with you to have this done. I didn't know that and had to make an additional 60 mile round trip to have the process completed.
Not sure what the fobs have to do with it. They didn't need both when I had my DRL's turned on.

csmith72

2 fobs are required to program manually any new fobs. unless the dealer does it with their computer, or you do it with your laptop, forscan, and ODBLink MX.
Have been looking at upgrading my 13 to sync3. only way to do it is purchasing a model year system from a junk yard that already has sync3, but then the APIM needs to be programed because they are VIN specific. Yes, there are many features that can be enabled or disabled using forescan and ODBLink MX I am still trying to locate detailed coding for the MKT. There is a ton of it out there for F150; fusion, and mustangs....

Sagar810

Boulder, COLORADO
I know this is an OLD thread now but I just found something online and someone had even implemented it their Lincoln MKT 2012. I am just not sure how difficult the process is. Also, the picture is not very clear, I am not sure if fogs would be a perfect DRL but I would really like a DRL option on my 2016. Every car these days has a DRL, not sure why it was not designed for our cars.. (maybe it never changed from 2010)

1544156059867.png

vinaygoel2000

Houston
Are these inside the headlight or stick on top with 3M tape? Also, the product description says connect to existing DRL so I'm not sure these will work as we dont have a DRL fuse. I mean we can always connect to the ignition so they turn on every time car is started but I wouldn't want them to stick on top of the headlight. Maybe somewhere in the grill.

HTML