Dashboard Display

CapeFlyer

I just purchased a 2017 Continental. My question deals with the digital MPH display on the dashboard. The read out seems to be in two colors starting with a brown at the bottom and lightening to white at the top. I've adjusted the dimmer switch to full bright but no joy. Can someone tell me is that some designers idea of good graphics or can it be fixed so the MPH readout is all white? IMG_0466.jpeg

RoadRage786

You can't change the colors, it's the way it is unfortunately. What I found helpful is switching the infotainment screen to night mode only to avoid the yellow screen during the day.

brucelinc

Minneapolis
I never even noticed that before. While the Continental instrument cluster pales in comparison to my Mustang, the tan fading to white doesn't bother me.

bbf2530

Hi gang. While I realize this won't matter to those of you who don't like it, the graphics are meant to represent the road going off towards the horizon, with the sun rising on that horizon.

Good luck.

G-654563

I just purchased a 2017 Continental. My question deals with the digital MPH display on the dashboard. The read out seems to be in two colors starting with a brown at the bottom and lightening to white at the top. I've adjusted the dimmer switch to full bright but no joy. Can someone tell me is that some designers idea of good graphics or can it be fixed so the MPH readout is all white? View attachment 9246
You might try one of the other display options for the speedometer. I have tach, fuel econ, basically as much as I can display. I wish it had radiatator temp and oil levels as well. But most people now a days would not know what is right or what to do anyway until an error comes up. I'd like to know though. In your display options, change gauges and instruments for a different look. I hope this helps.