Custom Order 2022 Corsair

Welcome to the busiest full-spectrum Lincoln community online!

Please join us! We'd really love to have you as a member...

mfjj

Hi mfjj. If the Dealer used your X-Plan PIN and put it through as an X-Plan sale, then the rebate was from Lincoln/Ford.

The "rebate" would not be from the Dealer. X-Plan sales do not work that way.

Good luck.
Yes, that's what I thought, but I couldn't find any rebate on the Lincoln website (regular or X-Plan specific). Has anyone else received or got quoted a manufacturer rebate for the GT? The dealer did ask for my PIN but I'm not 100% sure they actually did a X-Plan sale when I picked up the car. In fact, their calculation of the X-Plan price (before the rebate) was about $100 less than what I got from the fordpartner site, but I wasn't going to question it :)

bbf2530

Yes, that's what I thought, but I couldn't find any rebate on the Lincoln website (regular or X-Plan specific). Has anyone else received or got quoted a manufacturer rebate for the GT? The dealer did ask for my PIN but I'm not 100% sure they actually did a X-Plan sale when I picked up the car. In fact, their calculation of the X-Plan price (before the rebate) was about $100 less than what I got from the fordpartner site, but I wasn't going to question it :)

Hi mfjj. While it seems to be too late now (if you already picked up the vehicle), the Dealer should have showed you the original Dealer Invoice paperwork, listing the X-Plan price (not handwritten numbers for example). And there should have been a specific X-Plan paperwork signed. And you should have copies of all that paperwork.

Hopefully you got the correct price. However, this is a good learning example for all X-Plan buyers: There is a Ford X-Plan website that explains, in detail, what the Dealer obligations are and what we can do to protect ourselves on X-Plan purchases.

Do not count on your salesperson or the other Dealership personnel to do the right thing. In my experience with multiple Dealers and over 40 AXZ-Plan sales over the years, I have only found one salesperson, in one Dealership, that did what was right on a Plan sale from the beginning.

All the others (yes, every single one) tried to overcharge on "Documentation Fees". Or charge non-allowed additional "Dealer Prep" fees. Or attempted to include things like paint protection, Scotchguard, undercoating etc without prior approval, then pretend it was okay when questioned. Or made innocent "math mistakes" that coincidentally were always in favor of the Dealership and not the buyer.

All these "innocent mistakes" were caught and corrected. But only because they were caught and questioned.

So bottom line is...just as with a regular retail sale, it is "Buyer Beware". Know the X-Plan rules and requirements and be sure the Dealer follows them. And triple check all figures, carefully inspect the vehicle before purchasing, etc. etc. etc.
Of course, these are things all buyers should do, X-Plan purchase or not.

Also, concerning the "rebate". Many Incentives and "rebates" are region specific. Sometimes even down to a ZipCode. So it is hard to go by what others were eligible for on their particular purcahse.

Good luck.

Last edited:

mfjj

Hi mfjj. While it seems to be too late now (if you already picked up the vehicle), the Dealer should have showed you the original Dealer Invoice paperwork, listing the X-Plan price (not handwritten numbers for example). And there should have been a specific X-Plan paperwork signed. And you should have copies of all that paperwork.

Hopefully you got the correct price. However, this is a good learning example for all X-Plan buyers: There is a Ford X-Plan website that explains, in detail, what the Dealer obligations are and what we can do to protect ourselves on X-Plan purchases.

Do not count on your salesperson or the other Dealership personnel to do the right thing. In my experience with multiple Dealers and over 40 AXZ-Plan sales over the years, I have only found one salesperson, in one Dealership, that did what was right on a Plan sale from the beginning.

All the others (yes, every single one) tried to overcharge on "Documentation Fees". Or charge non-allowed additional "Dealer Prep" fees. Or attempted to include things like paint protection, Scotchguard, undercoating etc without prior approval, then pretend it was okay when questioned. Or made innocent "math mistakes" that coincidentally were always in favor of the Dealership and not the buyer.

All these "innocent mistakes" were caught and corrected. But only because they were caught and questioned.

So bottom line is...just as with a regular retail sale, it is "Buyer Beware". Know the X-Plan rules and requirements and be sure the Dealer follows them. And triple check all figures, carefully inspect the vehicle before purchasing, etc. etc. etc.
Of course, these are things all buyers should do, X-Plan purchase or not.

Also, concerning the "rebate". Many Incentives and "rebates" are region specific. Sometimes even down to a ZipCode. So it is hard to go by what others were eligible for on their particular purcahse.

Good luck.
Good advice! I think the Ford site you were referring to is fordpartner dot com. The rules and detailed pricing and incentives (after entering the zip code) are clearly laid out there. All the packages and accessories are discounted too. And there are clear rules about doc fees. It's always the out-the-door price that counts!

In the past, I have only used X-Plan as a starting point in the negotiation. This time, given the market condition, I thought I would just use the X-Plan and be done with it, but maybe I still didn't use it after all. Like I said, my out-the-door price was actually lower than what I expected, and that's before the mysterious $1000 rebate. I seem to recall there was a $1000 rebate for non-GT models for my region at the time, but nothing for GT. I could be wrong.

This was the fastest car shopping I have ever done. I'm new to Lincoln. I cold emailed a dealer if they accepted X-Plan for this model. They said yes and a $1000 rebate, and sent me the out-the-door price breakdown. I e-signed immediately. To be honest, right up to the delivery time, I kept thinking they would say they had made a mistake about the rebate, and I would have been OK with it. But the deal went through.