Custom Order 2022 Corsair

Welcome to the busiest full-spectrum Lincoln community online!

Please join us! We'd really love to have you as a member...

mfjj

I got an extended warranty on my Aviator GT as my wife hates changing cars and plans to keep it for a while. Id say its probably worthwhile if you are in a similar boat and can get a good deal on it.
Thanks for the advice. I do plan to keep it for a while. I will probably only buy BEV from now on, and it might be nice to have a gas car around to "fall back on" :)

I'm looking at PremiumCARE 8yr/100k/$0 deductible. I got an online quote for $2,060. Let's see if the dealer can match it.

silverydragon72

San Jose, CA
Thanks for the advice. I do plan to keep it for a while. I will probably only buy BEV from now on, and it might be nice to have a gas car around to "fall back on" :)

I'm looking at PremiumCARE 8yr/100k/$0 deductible. I got an online quote for $2,060. Let's see if the dealer can match it.
Good luck and who knows they may even be able to beat it. I did the 8 year 100k just for the peace of mind overall as well.

mfjj

Hi, I just wanted to report that I picked up the GT today. Out of curiosity, I used the "search dealer inventory" tool on the Lincoln website to see what's out there today. I found 2 other 2022 Corsair GT and 28 non-GT within 30 miles from my zip code.

silverydragon72

San Jose, CA
Hi, I just wanted to report that I picked up the GT today. Out of curiosity, I used the "search dealer inventory" tool on the Lincoln website to see what's out there today. I found 2 other 2022 Corsair GT and 28 non-GT within 30 miles from my zip code.
Did you end up getting the extended warranty? Also are those actual vehicles or dealer orders not yet delivered?

HonestZabe

Most cars you see online that are new actually do not exist and are cars ordered by the dealership but have not been delivered and may never get delivered. Unless they have a custom order delivered and the client canceled order just before it arrived. My dealer says it has happened a couple times to them. Otherwise they have recieved essentially no vehicles in almost a year for the dealer to sell itself. Only custom orders and a version of each they can keep in the showroom to show customers. My dealer is a Black Label by a big name dealer company here in a large city. So, if they aren't able to get cars, not sure how others are.

The Volvo dealer I went to said they had 3 of the cars I was looking at last week. Showed up for test drive, turns out they had one and it was for test driving and they weren't super interested in selling it as they'd have nothing for people to test. The other two did not exist, even though they had posted VIN numbers on their site and said they had it when I called to verify. So, I would've had to order a Volvo, could not buy off lot unless I was willing to pay a hefty premium.

On a side note, did you ask how it was managed you got your car built and delivered so quickly compared to others? Just curious, as maybe there are things many of us here on the forum should have asker our dealers to do to get our cars sooner. Thanks

mfjj

Did you end up getting the extended warranty? Also are those actual vehicles or dealer orders not yet delivered?T
The dealer said they would match any online quote I brought to them (and they were familiar with the one I got). I told them I'd be in touch :)

I looked into the 2 GT units I found on the Lincoln website. One was listed as in stock on the dealer's own website. The other was not. The first one's blend date was 12/2 (same as mine). The other, 12/20.

mfjj

Most cars you see online that are new actually do not exist and are cars ordered by the dealership but have not been delivered and may never get delivered. Unless they have a custom order delivered and the client canceled order just before it arrived. My dealer says it has happened a couple times to them. Otherwise they have recieved essentially no vehicles in almost a year for the dealer to sell itself. Only custom orders and a version of each they can keep in the showroom to show customers. My dealer is a Black Label by a big name dealer company here in a large city. So, if they aren't able to get cars, not sure how others are.

The Volvo dealer I went to said they had 3 of the cars I was looking at last week. Showed up for test drive, turns out they had one and it was for test driving and they weren't super interested in selling it as they'd have nothing for people to test. The other two did not exist, even though they had posted VIN numbers on their site and said they had it when I called to verify. So, I would've had to order a Volvo, could not buy off lot unless I was willing to pay a hefty premium.

On a side note, did you ask how it was managed you got your car built and delivered so quickly compared to others? Just curious, as maybe there are things many of us here on the forum should have asker our dealers to do to get our cars sooner. Thanks
Yes, I agree. Most cars we see online are customer orders. But my point is, they are shipping now.

My dealer had no idea why I got mine sooner than expected. They didn't do anything special (and I didn't push them). Just luck, I guess.

silverydragon72

San Jose, CA

So I am guessing you are still waiting for your GT? Good news at least from what I can see is they seem to be more on track with their build dates now. You were rescheduled for early January right?

mfjj

Yes, I agree. Most cars we see online are customer orders. But my point is, they are shipping now.

My dealer had no idea why I got mine sooner than expected. They didn't do anything special (and I didn't push them). Just luck, I guess.
I just wanted to add that, from the appearance at least, my dealer does not seem to be a major, top-tier dealer. I had actually never been there until today. I emailed three closest dealers for quotes and they had the best price. I placed the order the next day. Everything was done by email until today.

heywardjr

SUPPORTING MEMBER
I checked with the dealer today. They agree things are getting better and vehicle deliveries to them are increasing. Still, no info on my order other than the first email directly from Lincoln. They said they will check after the holidays. My dealer has never had a GT in stock to sell. All custom orders.
Yeah, delivery of these vehicles is somewhat affected by how large a dealer you have. The larger dealers that sell more volume get priority according to my sales guy. The GT is very popular and every single one has been either a special order or sold immediately upon delivery. People grab these up. He said they can't keep them in stock and they don't even have one to test drive. The factory is prioritizing orders from customers over dealer orders. Ford, in general, seems to be selling the high end of each vehicle line and concentrating on manufacturing those vehicles. This will all straighten out this next year, I would guess. My rep said that they are selling top of the line Navigators that are over $105,000 at full price and no discounts except Plans like X plan.

kingdre

Atlanta, GA
Yeah, delivery of these vehicles is somewhat affected by how large a dealer you have. The larger dealers that sell more volume get priority according to my sales guy. The GT is very popular and every single one has been either a special order or sold immediately upon delivery. People grab these up. He said they can't keep them in stock and they don't even have one to test drive. The factory is prioritizing orders from customers over dealer orders. Ford, in general, seems to be selling the high end of each vehicle line and concentrating on manufacturing those vehicles. This will all straighten out this next year, I would guess. My rep said that they are selling top of the line Navigators that are over $105,000 at full price and no discounts except Plans like X plan.
WOW. Thats why the order is better. No markup.

heywardjr

SUPPORTING MEMBER
I ordered a Corsair Grand Touring on July 5. At the time I placed my order the assembly plant had been on hiatus for several months due to the microchip crisis. It was 2 weeks later that the plant came back on-line. My vehicle was delivered to the dealership on September 30 and I picked it up on October 1. I got exactly what I wanted in a vehicle so it was a win for me. I did have to sign a document stating it was a customer order and not a retail/dealer order. I had to put down a $500 deposit with the order. The worst part was just waiting for the new vehicle.

When I am ready for a new vehicle I would do this same process again.
Just for information. Most dealers won't charge the $500 to order if they already know you or if you have been a customer. They can easily waive that fee completely. I ordered a Mustang Mach-e and a Lincoln Corsair recently and I was dealing with two separate sales reps and neither charged me the fee to order. Could be your dealer is a stickler but I bet you can push that issue if they ask for the deposit.

RedHoncho

SUPPORTING MEMBER
Marysville, Ohio
Just for information. Most dealers won't charge the $500 to order if they already know you or if you have been a customer. They can easily waive that fee completely. I ordered a Mustang Mach-e and a Lincoln Corsair recently and I was dealing with two separate sales reps and neither charged me the fee to order. Could be your dealer is a stickler but I bet you can push that issue if they ask for the deposit.
It wasn't a fee. It was a deposit that was applied to the purchase price. I was a new customer to the dealership but based upon my experience I will be a repeat customer.

heywardjr

SUPPORTING MEMBER
My bad, I knew that it was a deposit...just typing a quick reply..apologies. Yeah, if you push the dealers a bit they will waive that according to my sales rep. They want the order but it isn't really any kind of commitment since the dealer has the option of selling that order when it comes in if you don't get there pretty quick. I have heard of some Mach-E orders getting side swiped/sold to others because the person ordering delayed a few days showing up to claim the car. Cheers.

nmbchemist

Just received an email from Lincoln that my Corsair GT is scheduled for the week of March 14. I ordered on October 30th and expected an earlier production date but will take what I can get. A VIN was provided but no window sticker yet.

bbf2530

Just received an email from Lincoln that my Corsair GT is scheduled for the week of March 14. I ordered on October 30th and expected an earlier production date but will take what I can get. A VIN was provided but no window sticker yet.

Hi nmb. Pre-pandemic, window stickers for Lincoln/Ford vehicles generally became available ~5 to 14 days before production. Not sure if that is still the case.

Good luck.

HonestZabe

Hi nmb. Pre-pandemic, window stickers for Lincoln/Ford vehicles generally became available ~5 to 14 days before production. Not sure if that is still the case.

Good luck.
My window sticker was not available until my car tracker said built. Others have said theirs was available when it went into production. I'm not sure how good the Ford tracking sites are. Seem to be wildly inaccurate or don't update very often. My tracker sent a message and tracker indicators changed to built 3 days after the date on the tracker (got message and tracker updated on 1/3 that it was built on 12/29). So, who knows.

Still no delivery for me. My delivery date says 1/18-1/24. We'll see when it comes in if it makes it in that window given transportation labor shortages. When I had to reorder my Corsair in October my dealer estimated early February, even with priority code 01. Pretty accurate so far.

mfjj

WOW. Thats why the order is better. No markup.
Perhaps the market is more competitive in my region (Philly metro). I got a $1000 "rebate" on top of X-plan when I ordered my 22 GT. Since I didn't see any rebate from Lincoln I assume it's from the dealer.

bbf2530

Perhaps the market is more competitive in my region (Philly metro). I got a $1000 "rebate" on top of X-plan when I ordered my 22 GT. Since I didn't see any rebate from Lincoln I assume it's from the dealer.

Hi mfjj. If the Dealer used your X-Plan PIN and put it through as an X-Plan sale, then the rebate was from Lincoln/Ford.

The "rebate" would not be from the Dealer. X-Plan sales do not work that way.

Good luck.