Custom Order 2022 Corsair

Welcome to the busiest full-spectrum Lincoln community online!

Please join us! We'd really love to have you as a member...

heywardjr

SUPPORTING MEMBER
Hi everyone

I'm considering a 2022 Corsair and, since local dealer stocks are limited, I'm considering a custom model.

Has anyone ordered from Lincoln recently? If so, what was your experience?
I ordered my 2022 GT on 12/09 and got an initial email telling me it would be manufactured on 2/28/22 but tonight I got a revised email that said it was pushed up to be made on 1/3/22 with delivery around 1/15/22. Cool! I heard from the Lincoln dealer that Ford/Lincoln have received greater chip supply of late and things are returning back to normal particularly on their high end cars. They are concentrating on the high end of each line. Of course, their profits are higher now due to this focus on the high end. Makes sense. Market conditions. We're in a boom time and then we have the virus causing havoc. We all need to be patient I guess.

nmbchemist

I ordered a 2022 GT on October 30, confirmed by Lincoln the same day. My priority code is 10 but have had no update since then.

heywardjr

SUPPORTING MEMBER
I ordered a 2022 GT on October 30, confirmed by Lincoln the same day. My priority code is 10 but have had no update since then.
I would be talking to the dealer. That sounds weird that you have not heard anything. I got an email within days of my dealer ordering the GT. Then yesterday I got an email from Lincoln directly that said my manufacturer date had changed from 2/28/22 to 1/3/22. I checked with the dealer and he said that is likely true as they have other orders in and those other orders changed. They heard things have improved lately at the plant in Louisville where this is made. It might be that Lincoln favors larger dealers from larger metro areas. I'm in Northern Virginia outside DC.

nmbchemist

I checked with the dealer today. They agree things are getting better and vehicle deliveries to them are increasing. Still, no info on my order other than the first email directly from Lincoln. They said they will check after the holidays. My dealer has never had a GT in stock to sell. All custom orders.

Black Label

SUPPORTING MEMBER
Burr Ridge, IL
Well, I finally FINALLY got a delivery date: 1/17/22. I ordered 11/16/21. Was hoping by the end of the year for that tax credit.
While I understand how exciting and LONG it can be waiting for an ordered vehicle, I would wonder why you wrote "...finally FINALLY...". 2 months from order to delivery date in these times is pretty damn impressive.

For context, pre-pandemic, I ordered my 2020 BL Navigator on January 8, 2020 and took delivery on February 28, 2020. That was with none of the supply and staffing issues plaguing, well, everyone, right now. So, a month and a half to 2 months is really good.

So, congratulations on learning this news, and hopefully you feel good about the timeline. I think you should feel good about 2 months right now.

Make sure to post pics when you get it!

kingdre

Atlanta, GA
While I understand how exciting and LONG it can be waiting for an ordered vehicle, I would wonder why you wrote "...finally FINALLY...". 2 months from order to delivery date in these times is pretty damn impressive.

For context, pre-pandemic, I ordered my 2020 BL Navigator on January 8, 2020 and took delivery on February 28, 2020. That was with none of the supply and staffing issues plaguing, well, everyone, right now. So, a month and a half to 2 months is really good.

So, congratulations on learning this news, and hopefully you feel good about the timeline. I think you should feel good about 2 months right now.

Make sure to post pics when you get it!
@Black Label I've been dealing with this repair issue since December 2000. It was fixed in Feb 2021, but came back June 2021. I filed the lemon law claim 7/1/21. I got the decision in my favor 10/12/21. Got approved for the upgrade 11/15 and ordered 11/16. I say finally because the process has been long. My lemon law case wasnt as serious, except for the dealer couldnt fix it. Its the almost six months of knowing EVERY single time I drive, it could cut up and cause a problem. i do understand that in a typical pandemic situation, its moving fast. I'm just relieved at the thought that i can drive with the most assurance possible again.

Black Label

SUPPORTING MEMBER
Burr Ridge, IL
@Black Label I've been dealing with this repair issue since December 2000. It was fixed in Feb 2021, but came back June 2021. I filed the lemon law claim 7/1/21. I got the decision in my favor 10/12/21. Got approved for the upgrade 11/15 and ordered 11/16. I say finally because the process has been long. My lemon law case wasnt as serious, except for the dealer couldnt fix it. Its the almost six months of knowing EVERY single time I drive, it could cut up and cause a problem. i do understand that in a typical pandemic situation, its moving fast. I'm just relieved at the thought that i can drive with the most assurance possible again.
Ah, okay. If I had read about all that previously, I forgot. Sorry about that. Well, yes, FINALLY lol! Glad this is nearing an end for you.

mfjj

Hi folks, it's great to be here! This is my order timeline:

I ordered a 2022 Corsair GT (with Elements, Luxury, Co-Pilot360, and Towing) on 11/1. The priority code was 19. To my surprise, it was in production 12/3, built 12/8, shipped 12/9, and at the dealer 12/22. I plan to pick it up on 12/29.

This is my first Lincoln. Anything I should look out for when I go pick it up? Any thoughts about extended warranty? Thanks!

Mike

HonestZabe

Interesting. But that doesn't sound right. I order mine 10/3, my initial order of a 2021 GT was 7/16. So, since my first order was canceled for an unknown reason, I got a priority of 01, the highest for a '22. Also, I believe they have not made any 2022 corsairs, especially GTs, until this past week, if they even did then. Mine, as priority 01, has yet to be built with a built date of 12/20 and estimated delivery on 1/24, according to the tracker.
So, not sure how you ordered after many on this forum have reported, got a non-urgent priority code and have had the car built and possibly delivered before the supposed production of other GTs. Unless we've all been misinformed on the production of these cars, which, the way things are going at Ford wouldn't surprise me.
Could it be you did not order a GT, but a reserve or maybe an Aviator? Sorry, I'm just a little confused on the timeliness as it deviates quite a bit from what most people on this forum have described.

mfjj

Interesting. But that doesn't sound right. I order mine 10/3, my initial order of a 2021 GT was 7/16. So, since my first order was canceled for an unknown reason, I got a priority of 01, the highest for a '22. Also, I believe they have not made any 2022 corsairs, especially GTs, until this past week, if they even did then. Mine, as priority 01, has yet to be built with a built date of 12/20 and estimated delivery on 1/24, according to the tracker.
So, not sure how you ordered after many on this forum have reported, got a non-urgent priority code and have had the car built and possibly delivered before the supposed production of other GTs. Unless we've all been misinformed on the production of these cars, which, the way things are going at Ford wouldn't surprise me.
Could it be you did not order a GT, but a reserve or maybe an Aviator? Sorry, I'm just a little confused on the timeliness as it deviates quite a bit from what most people on this forum have described.
I know. I'm surprised too, but It really is a 2022 Corsair Grand Touring PHEV. It's already listed on the dealer's website as in stock, with three other non-GT units in transit. The dealer wanted me to pick it up 12/23 but I'm away for the holidays.

HonestZabe

That just seems kinda odd. Ford posted they weren't planning on making any 2022 Corsairs until 12/20, of any type according to production scheduling, just seems odd. But, I guess we'll find out when you go to dealer. Did you track it at all, or just get a call from the dealer it was in to your surprise?

Last edited:

mfjj

That just seems odd. I have a feeling your dealer is incorrect as what Ford posted they weren't planning on making any 2022 Corsairs until 12/20, of any type according to production scheduling posting, and that you ordered it late and got it first with a non-urgent priority, just seems odd. But, I guess we'll find out when you go to dealer. Did you track it at all, or just get a call from the dealer it was in to your surprise
Yes, I have been tracking it after the dealer informed me of the VIN in early December. The dates in my first message were from the tracking site. Now you got me worried! Just kidding. I'm in no hurry to get it. The federal tax credit seems safe for now.

HonestZabe

I had some worries for a while about the tax credit changing given I won't get mine until late January. I'm not sure how it'll change in the new year with Ford selling more electric cars as well as potential congress actions.

Maybe priority codes don't mean much. I thought my 01 was highest, maybe it's not. Maybe it's just luck of the draw when yours gets built. Anyway, it's very interesting if you get yours before Fords stated production dates for the car. Fascinating

kingdre

Atlanta, GA

I ordered a 2022 Corsair GT (with Elements, Luxury, Co-Pilot360, and Towing) on 11/1. The priority code was 19. To my surprise, it was in production 12/3, built 12/8, shipped 12/9, and at the dealer 12/22. I plan to pick it up on 12/29.

This is my first Lincoln. Anything I should look out for when I go pick it up? Any thoughts about extended warranty? Thanks!

Mike
WOW!! I love it. I ordered 11/16, production 12/22, with estimated delivery 1/17/22. Glad for you! Hope for me that the online window is behind lol. Did your order status change to show those dates?

kingdre

Atlanta, GA
Great questions.

silverydragon72

San Jose, CA

Mike
I got an extended warranty on my Aviator GT as my wife hates changing cars and plans to keep it for a while. Id say its probably worthwhile if you are in a similar boat and can get a good deal on it.

mfjj

WOW!! I love it. I ordered 11/16, production 12/22, with estimated delivery 1/17/22. Glad for you! Hope for me that the online window is behind lol. Did your order status change to show those dates?
Yes, the tracking site has been showing the dates that matched what the dealer has been telling me. Everything has been pretty consistent so far, except for the fact that it started much sooner than expected.