Crutchfield website speaker option update

RIBoater

After recently ordering my new radio for my 05 TC, Sony AX5000, I found as have others that the drop down option for 5 speakers was not available for 05-09 TC with factory amp/sub. It only offered 4 speaker or the 9 speaker w/wo navigation. 03-04 had a 5 speaker option for those with the Alpine factory unit. 10-11 had I believe a THX 5 speaker option.
If you had an 05-09 they matched you up with the install harness kit 5520. This kit does not include the extra pig tail for the amp/sub.
I worked with their regional manager and they have now updated their web site to offer the 5 speaker option on the drop down menu and it will now include the correct 5521 harness and the 5V step down resistor that is needed on our system, as the aftermarket radio puts out 12v to the sub but our amp runs on 5v. Without this voltage drop down resistor you will hear a "pop" or "whoosh" type sound each time you start the unit.
I ended up getting a 5521 equivalent with resistor of Ebay to complete my install.

RIBoater

For the 03 the option is Alpine with nav or without nav. No mention of how many speakers. The Lincoln 9 speaker system had two distinctly different speakers in each door. One down low in the usual spot and a separate tweeter up higher near the A pillar and side view mirror.

dave42

Leander, TX C.K.U.
Actually, '03 had three radio options. Alpine "Audiophile" unit (with CD changer in trunk and subwoofer), the standard radio called the "Premium" unit that looks identical to the Alpine but does not say Alpine on the faceplate and does does not have the DSP button (and no CD changer or subwoofer), and the Nav unit came later in the year.

HTML