• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "1998 Town Car" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 1998 Town Car" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

Crank vibration damper


Junior Member
orlando, fl

I'm looking for Crank vibration damper, for my '04 LS V8

Mechanic told me he couldn't find any so, I'm on a quest! He did say he saw one on ebay for over $800. Can't handle that!

I read this from 2015 in another forum::::
Ford had a shortage of dampers (as repair parts) for a little while as they were fixing the problem. The damper for the LS is available new again, but it is over $700 from Ford (retail is over $1K). In the worst case, the damper comes apart and does a lot of damage. In the case of the LS (and many others) you also loose the water pump, alternator, power steering, and AC.


Junior Member
Get 1 from a 4.0L V8 in the 1999-2002 Jaguar S-Type. I'd check on eBay I think (not sure) that the 4.2L versions are the same/ interchangeable, but check the part numbers