Corsair with 360 camera - Recall

Welcome to the busiest full-spectrum Lincoln community online!

Please join us! We'd really love to have you as a member...

Pabaldeagle

SUPPORTING MEMBER
California
Hey Corsair owners, be advised of a recall issued. 17,008 2020-2021 Corsair vehicles made between Jan 7 2019 and Sept 7 2021 are affected. Consumer reports article here.

‘This condition affects certain Corsair vehicles equipped with the 360-degree camera; units with the rearview camera only are not affected.
These vehicles are not produced in VIN order. Information as to the applicability of this action to specific vehicles can best be obtained by either calling Ford’s toll-free line (1-866-436-7332) or by contacting a local Ford or Lincoln dealer who can obtain specific information regarding the vehicles from the Ford On-line Automotive Service Information System (OASIS) database.”

Last edited:

RedHoncho

SUPPORTING MEMBER
Ohio
I read on another forum the issue is a switch on the circuit board that is set improperly. Apparently, it is a very easy fix.

RDFTS

Apparently a safety issue. When reversing the camera might go out causing a crash. What have we become that if the camera does go out, we cannot turn our head and look out the back window like we did before a rear camera was a thing? We are all doomed.

tgara

Apparently a safety issue. When reversing the camera might go out causing a crash. What have we become that if the camera does go out, we cannot turn our head and look out the back window like we did before a rear camera was a thing? We are all doomed.
Agree... but...Someone will sue Ford about it if they get into a crash going backwards. Guaranteed!

RDFTS

Agree... but...Someone will sue Ford about it if they get into a crash going backwards. Guaranteed!
No doubt. Don’t get me wrong, we will take advantage of the recall to get ours fixed. I just think it’s somewhat humorous that this is considered a safety issue. There has been other issues that Ford has just deemed a TSB and not a recall that seemed more of a safety issue than a nuisance.

JB IN AZ

No doubt. Don’t get me wrong, we will take advantage of the recall to get ours fixed. I just think it’s somewhat humorous that this is considered a safety issue. There has been other issues that Ford has just deemed a TSB and not a recall that seemed more of a safety issue than a nuisance.
I'm not sure it is 100% up to Ford to decide if an issue becomes a recall.

Hey Corsair owners, be advised of a recall issued. 17,008 2020-2021 Corsair vehicles made between Jan 7 2019 and Sept 7 2021 are affected. Consumer reports article here.

‘This condition affects certain Corsair vehicles equipped with the 360-degree camera; units with the rearview camera only are not affected.
These vehicles are not produced in VIN order. Information as to the applicability of this action to specific vehicles can best be obtained by either calling Ford’s toll-free line (1-866-436-7332) or by contacting a local Ford or Lincoln dealer who can obtain specific information regarding the vehicles from the Ford On-line Automotive Service Information System (OASIS) database.”
Thank you for letting us know. My 2021 Corsair Reserve went thru her first 7500 mile service.

Thanks! My 2021 Corsair Reserve went thru her first 7500 mile service. She passed! They updated the rear camera recall #221S44.