Corsair wind noise-rear

Welcome to the busiest full-spectrum Lincoln community online!

Please join us! We'd really love to have you as a member...

bob851985

Search corsair TSB #SSM 49087 from list in search engine then pick the one that's has carcomplaints.com lots of TSB information. If you just go to carcomsplaint.com first for some reason it shows 0 complaints

kmooresc

Bob I just read the TSB, and to a degree sounds like it, but as you stated my part was for the door? not the sunroof. I must say, that it's been several months now, few short 200 mile trips etc and NO NOISE yeah. This is predominately N- S on I95 so would have predominately a cross wind most of the time that would trigger the event. One would think that the "door" I would have noticed it more so in my left ear? In my looking for it ( I know driving 50-70) and messing around with things and found it to really be from the roof area is not that smart! but in my present state I was in.. well.... I now have 10k miles on and no Noise. this is frustrating as heck, and maybe similar to a roof leak, where by is far from where we think it is as it travels, and maybe so did the wind in the channels. I'd suggest your dealer call mine as listed and perhaps they could talk to the tech that did mine and found the area? and see what they said. Frustrating beyond to say the least. Love the car but not the workmanship! Not saying the dealer may have done something simple (ie adjustment) and charged out for something higher as we never know, my dealer has a fairly good reputation but again. Good luck, keep us posted Ken

Srjrippey

I searched and looked up at carcomplaints.com found TSB#SSM 49121 and TBS#SSM 49087. Will take to dealer hope they fix it and not just say can't replicate the noise.
They changed the seals in both driver and passenger doors, it helped alot, however there is still some wind noise coming from the sunroof area. Lincoln is hesitant in replacing that seal due possible leaks in the future. I'm working on a buy back. I'm done. I cannot use my radio, I have sensors going off in the back seat... I'm done. Good luck.

jkeaton

Winston Salem, NC
They changed the seals in both driver and passenger doors, it helped alot, however there is still some wind noise coming from the sunroof area. Lincoln is hesitant in replacing that seal due possible leaks in the future. I'm working on a buy back. I'm done. I cannot use my radio, I have sensors going off in the back seat... I'm done. Good luck.

Yes, you've told us in numerous threads now.

Last edited:

bob851985

Took to the dealer, Tech had to drive at 70 mph to hear the noise it was coming from sunroof seal at front edge he adjusted roof opening panel per ssm 49121. So far so good.