Corsair transmission problem , car bucking at low speeds

Welcome to the busiest full-spectrum Lincoln community online!

Please join us! We'd really love to have you as a member...

bigblue2007

Boston, MA
They learned it from Steve Jobs: "Your holding the phone wrong"... Ans, he got away with it too :D

My wife now drives my Lincoln Corsair. She likes it but she has always been easy to please and that's one of the things I love about her.

The longer I own it the less I am impressed with the Corsair... I think there are far better choices in this price range.
Agreed. I am glad I leased it.

Schante78

My 2020 Corsair transmission , bucks , at low speeds . What is wrong . Dealer tells me that is normal
I got a brand new transmission last week and still am experiencing a knock under the driver's floor board and a thud when I put it in park and when I put it in drive and drive forward. They call this normal, lmao

bigblue2007

Boston, MA
I got a brand new transmission last week and still am experiencing a knock under the driver's floor board and a thud when I put it in park and when I put it in drive and drive forward. They call this normal, lmao
I’d get a second opinion. We’re talking about some hard shifting in low speeds in stop and go. Your problem seems worse. Call Lincoln Concierge. Get a case number explain the issues and what’s been attempted to resolve it. Have them find another dealer to attempt to fix it.

Schante78

I’d get a second opinion. We’re talking about some hard shifting in low speeds in stop and go. Your problem seems worse. Call Lincoln Concierge. Get a case number explain the issues and what’s been attempted to resolve it. Have them find another dealer to attempt to fix it.
I have and have no resolution.

TiggrJW

Dallas
They learned it from Steve Jobs: "Your holding the phone wrong"... Ans, he got away with it too :D

My wife now drives my Lincoln Corsair. She likes it but she has always been easy to please and that's one of the things I love about her.

The longer I own it the less I am impressed with the Corsair... I think there are far better choices in this price range.
Amen!

TiggrJW

Dallas
I came on here looking for others with liftgate issues and saw this thread and had to read. It's annoying when it "bucks" enough to hit my head on the headrest. I drove a Nissan Titan Platinum Reserve prior to this Lincoln and it was quieter and more smooth than this car.

Akellerman7772

"Bucks"? We've gotten a couple the last few days. No, this is not Normal". Mine shifts smoothly from a stop.

When you say "The dealer" said it's normal, who was that exactly? Did a service tech drive the car and experience it and report that, or was it the service writer? They aren't techs, so unless an actual tech experienced your car after a detailed description by you, go back and do so now.

My bet is trans computer update is in order.
I had the computer upgrade on my 2021 Corsair and it still does the same thing. Waiting to bring it back to them.

JB IN AZ

I have felt this on ever Corsair I have driven. Would seem to be a software issue that there has been no fix for yet.
And yet, I have almost 10,000 miles on my '21 2.0T Reserve and have NEVER felt anything off or concerning, or bucking in my transmission even remotely like has been described in this thread. In my view, there is nothing to fix.

Akellerman7772

2021, 2.0T, mine bucks and surges as well, Dealer says it’s my driving style. I guess I’m stuck with it now…something I never thought I’d say while owning a Lincoln.
It’s not your driving style. Their is a problem with the tranny or the computer. Don’t let them dismiss you cause then the rest of the owners get dismissed.

Akellerman7772

And yet, I have almost 10,000 miles on my '21 2.0T Reserve and have NEVER felt anything off or concerning, or bucking in my transmission even remotely like has been described in this thread. In my view, there is nothing to fix.
And my 2021 2.0 does it. It’s been in once for the problem and they did a transmission software upgrade still does it. Just because yours is fine don’t dismiss it cause their are plenty of owners that have the problem.

bigblue2007

Boston, MA
Do you have a 2.3? it's less pronounced. I too have felt this on every Corsair I drove. I have driven 3 models for 2020.

Smooth49

I drove a Buick Envision loaner and was surprised by how much smoother it is than my Corsair. At low speeds my car feels like it can't decide which gear to use and how much turbo boost to apply. My driveway has a slight incline and the car often bucks and stutters as I get near the street and lighten pressure on the gas pedal. Last night I had a friend in the car who commented about how jerky the acceleration is from a stop. He drives a Lexus.
It's not terrible, just irritating, and not something that should be the norm for a car that bears a luxury nameplate and price. It's all under computer control, and Lincoln doesn't have it right.

bigblue2007

Boston, MA
I drove a Buick Envision loaner and was surprised by how much smoother it is than my Corsair. At low speeds my car feels like it can't decide which gear to use and how much turbo boost to apply. My driveway has a slight incline and the car often bucks and stutters as I get near the street and lighten pressure on the gas pedal. Last night I had a friend in the car who commented about how jerky the acceleration is from a stop. He drives a Lexus.
It's not terrible, just irritating, and not something that should be the norm for a car that bears a luxury nameplate and price. It's all under computer control, and Lincoln doesn't have it right.
What surprises me is 21 models it is still happening. You think they would have got it right after the 20 models. I have a 20.

easyrider

What surprises me is 21 models it is still happening. You think they would have got it right after the 20 models. I have a 20.
I'm afraid Ford/Lincoln has more important issues to contend with presently eg. the new Ford Bronco, and its roof design/manufacturing, which doesn't exactly work well with the rest of the automobile, not to mention a number of other money-making concerns.
More importantly, it appears not all Corsairs are experiencing this issue. Some are simply perfect in every respect according to owners right here on the forum. So why would they want to waste time trying to fix something which may only be a figment of the imagination by some owners? : ) No, I'm just being facetious here. Hopefully, some sort of fix will eventually come for those who are experiencing these concerns.
Funny, the Lincoln Corsair 8-speed transmission would go hand in hand with the New Ford Bronco Billy, were my thoughts. LMAO!

Last edited:

JB IN AZ

Do you have a 2.3? it's less pronounced. I too have felt this on every Corsair I drove. I have driven 3 models for 2020.
Nope 2.0 2021

BTW, I am not claiming that the issue does not exist in other owner's Corsairs, just that I have never felt any issues with the transmission in mine. AND I tend to be a very picky owner.