• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "1998 Town Car" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 1998 Town Car" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

Corsair Steering Linkage

BlackPearl

While investigating the dash vibration/rattle mentioned on this forum, I noticed there is no cover over the steering linkage. I’ve had alot of cars and have never seen this. The passenger side has a piece of plastic in between the dash and carpet. Just wondering if this is normal. See attached photo.

Attachments

bbf2530

While investigating the dash vibration/rattle mentioned on this forum, I noticed there is no cover over the steering linkage. I’ve had alot of cars and have never seen this. The passenger side has a piece of plastic in between the dash and carpet. Just wondering if this is normal. See attached photo.
Hi BlackPearl. If you do not get an answer from another Corsair owner here, go to your Lincoln Dealership and inspect a few other Corsairs.

Let us know how you make out and good luck.

kmooresc

mine is like that too, I had posted this question several weeks ago, rather poor for high end vehicle.. shoddy to say the least. what shocked me was THIS controls my steering... OMG

kmooresc

Update- when mine was in the "shop" I addressed this, apparently they contacted Lincoln, lame answer was has to do with the lighting.. really.... they cant put a cover over this? oh well

HTML