Corsair Reserve 2.3L

Welcome to the busiest full-spectrum Lincoln community online!

Please join us! We'd really love to have you as a member...

Krb40

Please be more specific.
parasitic drain is the current that is being used by the vehicle when the ignition is off. Battery went dead in 7 days sitting in the garage while we were on vacation. 2020 Lincoln Corsair. Bought pre-owned. It has a Duralast battery not original equipment. Should be Motorcraft.

Krb40

parasitic drain is the current that is being used by the vehicle when the ignition is off. Battery went dead in 7 days sitting in the garage while we were on vacation. 2020 Lincoln Corsair. Bought pre-owned. It has a Duralast battery not original equipment. Should be Motorcraft.
Charged battery to 100% and it lost .7 volts overnight without being started. Duracraft is Auto Zone brand. It ran down to 2.3 volts. After charging it was 12.8 volts which is correct. Checked voltage after about 12 hours and it is 12.1 volts.

bbf2530

What is the parasitic drain value for the Corsair Reserve 2.3L .

Hi Krb. Either a failing battery or a parasitic drain. Best course of action would be to make a service appointment to have the issue properly diagnosed.

Unless the vehicle is outside 50,000 miles, I wonder why the previous owner didn't have the battery replaced with a Motorcraft battery under the 4 year/50,000 mile New Vehicle Warranty.

If it is the battery, you will need to purchase a new one, as the non-Motorcraft replacement battery will not be covered under warranty.

If you need a complementary loaner, let them know when you set up the service appointment.

Let us know how you make out and good luck.

JB IN AZ

If it is less than 4 years or 50,000 miles it is still under factory warranty.
Yes, the orig. battery would have been under warranty, but apparently we are talking about a replacement battery...which MIGHT be under warranty by the battery seller.

IF we are discussing the parasitic drain being too much, then yes, this should be covered by Lincoln warranty.

HotrodLinkin

I've recently learned a lot about charging batteries. Long story short there are 7 phases that occur as a series in recharging. please google this concept..it is too lengthy to enter here. Now, the best way to charge it is to put it on very low amps, 2 amps is perfect. Charge it for over 24 hours! This charger is fantastic that I bought on Amazon; it can provide a lot of information. Good luck...

Krb40

Hi Krb. Either a failing battery or a parasitic drain. Best course of action would be to make a service appointment to have the issue properly diagnosed.

Unless the vehicle is outside 50,000 miles, I wonder why the previous owner didn't have the battery replaced with a Motorcraft battery under the 4 year/50,000 mile New Vehicle Warranty.

If it is the battery, you will need to purchase a new one, as the non-Motorcraft replacement battery will not be covered under warranty.

If you need a complementary loaner, let them know when you set up the service appointment.

We did call Lincoln dealer where the car was purchased and the earliest appointment is in October. The dealer said the car was used by the dealer as a loaner . The Auto Zone battery has a date tag of 12/20. I think we got ripped off. The dealer should not install an Auto Zone battery unless they are lying about the history of the car.

bbf2530

We did call Lincoln dealer where the car was purchased and the earliest appointment is in October. The dealer said the car was used by the dealer as a loaner . The Auto Zone battery has a date tag of 12/20. I think we got ripped off. The dealer should not install an Auto Zone battery unless they are lying about the history of the car.

Hi Krb. Two questions: First, is your Corsair still within the 4 year/50,000 mile New Vehicle Warranty? It is obviously within the 4 year limit.
Second, is the Dealer you purchased the Corsair from the same Lincoln Dealer that used it "as a loaner"?

If the answer to both questions is yes, they should replace the battery with a Motorcraft one, on their dime.

easyrider

Charged battery to 100% and it lost .7 volts overnight without being started. Duracraft is Auto Zone brand. It ran down to 2.3 volts. After charging it was 12.8 volts which is correct. Checked voltage after about 12 hours and it is 12.1 volts.
Krb40,
A .7 Voltage loss overnight may or may not be considered excessive, not sure, however, having the dealership check the electrical system further would certainly be in your best interest.
After purchasing my Corsair earlier this yr. I decided to look further on possible causes for battery failures reported by more than a few Corsair owners here on the forum.
While each instance may have had different circumstances associated with the issue, I had found that leaving the vehicle ignition FOB in close proximity to the vehicle overnight or for an extended period of time ( within the vehicle) could have some adverse effects on the battery.
Apparently, the electrical system continues to try and link up with FOB as it would when on your person and coming within a certain distance of the vehicle. This would cause some drain over time. (e.g.) My wife would leave the FOB inside the car when parked overnight inside our garage, and for that reason, I've asked her to bring the fob inside the house and away from the car when not intending to use it.
Just a piece of information I picked up and thought you and others may want to consider. : )
All the best, and if possible let us all know how things go, with any info. you feel valuable and want to share. It may very well help to better understand this type of concern.

Last edited:

Krb40

Krb40,
.7Voltage loss overnight may or may not be considered excessive, not sure, however, having the dealership check the electrical system further certainly may be in your best interest.
After purchasing my Corsair earlier this yr.
I decided to look further on possible causes for battery failure reported by more than a few Corsair owners here on the forum.
While each instance may have different circumstances associated with the issue, I had found that leaving the vehicle ignition FOB in close proximity to the vehicle overnight or for an extended period of time ( within the vehicle) could have some adverse effects on the battery.
Apparently, the electrical system continues to try and link up with FOB as it would when on your person and coming within a certain distance of the vehicle. This would cause some drain over time. eg. My wife would leave the FOB inside the car when parked overnight inside our garage, and for that reason, I've asked her to bring the fob inside the house and away from the car when not intending to use it.
Just a piece of information I picked up and thought you and others may want to consider. : )
All the best, and if possible let us all know how things go, with any info. you feel valuable and want to share. It may very well help to better understand this type of concern.
Well, my wife left the car parked in my daughter's garage for a week while we were on vacation. I was not involved in that process because I can't drive due to medical issue and was not told that my wife left the FOB in the car, until yesterday. My son who worked for Enterprise Leasing said that many makes of cars have an issue with leaving the FOB in the car while it is parked for a long period of time. My wife told me yesterday that she was getting battery low messages for weeks and didn't tell me. She seldom drives the car for more than 20 minutes at a time, so the battery was probably low when she parked it while we were on vacation. The question remains, why is there an Auto Zone battery in it, and was my dealer in possession of the car the whole time? We also store our keys in a steel key box at home for security.

Krb40

Hi Krb. Two questions: First, is your Corsair still within the 4 year/50,000 mile New Vehicle Warranty? It is obviously within the 4 year limit.
Second, is the Dealer you purchased the Corsair from the same Lincoln Dealer that used it "as a loaner"?

If the answer to both questions is yes, they should replace the battery with a Motorcraft one, on their dime.

Yes it is still under warranty. The manufacturers and dealer 90 day.