Corsair Mud Guards

Welcome to the busiest full-spectrum Lincoln community online!

Please join us! We'd really love to have you as a member...

Hi does anyone know if Lincoln offers genuine accessory mud guards for the Corsair? Dealer doesn't know and I don't see any listed as genuine accessories. Thanks!

RedHoncho

SUPPORTING MEMBER
Marysville, Ohio
I have a 2021 Corsair Grand Touring. It came with front and rear mudflaps. I don't recall ordering them separately or being an option. I'll check my window sticker when I get home from work.

RedHoncho

SUPPORTING MEMBER
Marysville, Ohio
Thanks can you take a pic ? I’ve got a 22 GT on order!
Here are the photos I have. You can barely see them. I'll see if I can get some better pics when I get home.

I just checked the 2021 and 2022 order guides and neither show mudflaps as standard or an option. I'm thinking they may be part of the "molded in color rocker trim" piece that is mentioned in both order guides.

Attachments

• Link 1.jpg
    Link 1.jpg
    493.1 KB · Views: 19
  • Link 2.jpg
    Link 2.jpg
    490.9 KB · Views: 19
  • Link 3.jpg
    Link 3.jpg
    525.3 KB · Views: 19

joeb427

Here are the photos I have. You can barely see them. I'll see if I can get some better pics when I get home.

I just checked the 2021 and 2022 order guides and neither show mudflaps as standard or an option. I'm thinking they may be part of the "molded in color rocker trim" piece that is mentioned in both order guides.
I don't see any at all. I think you are thinking mud guards are something else. Other names are mud flaps and splash guards.

RedHoncho

SUPPORTING MEMBER
Marysville, Ohio
I don't see any at all. I think you are thinking mud guards are something else. Other names are mud flaps and splash guards.
Well, it is my vehicle and I know what mud guards, mud flaps and splash guards are. I've been in the automotive manufacturing business for over 35 years.

I didn't take these photos to show those off as they aren't generally attractive. When I get home, I will take photos of them for all to see.

joeb427

Well, it is my vehicle and I know what mud guards, mud flaps and splash guards are. I've been in the automotive manufacturing business for over 35 years.

I didn't take these photos to show those off as they aren't generally attractive. When I get home, I will take photos of them for all to see.
OK but I don't see any installed. The pics are good enough to easily show mud guards. Add in there is no OEM mud guard accessory and I don't see this.

mqdefault.jpg

Lexus-RX350-RX450H-2010-2015-OEM-Genuine-MUDGUARDS-MUD.jpg

Last edited:

joeb427

Splash guards are available for the MKC but not the Corsair.
Here are the MKC rears. Fronts are available.

RedHoncho

SUPPORTING MEMBER
Marysville, Ohio
OK but I don't see any installed. The pics are good enough to easily show mud guards. Add in there is no OEM mud guard accessory and I don't see this.

mqdefault.jpg

Lexus-RX350-RX450H-2010-2015-OEM-Genuine-MUDGUARDS-MUD.jpg
Here are my non-mud flaps on my 2021 Corsair Grand Touring. :sneaky:

I believe they are included as part of the molded in color rocker moldings listed in the order guide and not shown as a separate part.

I also checked my window sticker. They do not appear as standard equipment or under any of the options, yet there they are.

Attachments

• Front Mud Flaps.jpg
    Front Mud Flaps.jpg
    276.2 KB · Views: 17
  • Rear Mud Flaps.jpg
    Rear Mud Flaps.jpg
    417.8 KB · Views: 17
Last edited:

joeb427

Here are my non-mud flaps on my 2021 Corsair Grand Touring. :sneaky:

I believe they are included as part of the molded in color rocker moldings listed in the order guide and not shown as a separate part.

I also checked my window sticker. They do not appear as standard equipment or under any of the options, yet there they are.
Those look like aftermarket parts. I don't how they can protect from kick stones and water spray on the painted side areas like the conventional type.
To each his own.

Last edited:

RedHoncho

SUPPORTING MEMBER
Marysville, Ohio
Those look like aftermarket parts. I don't how they can protect from kick stones and water spray on the painted areas that well compared to the conventional type.
To each his own.
Seriously dude. Go troll someone else. Those are factory installed parts, not even dealer installed. Like I said, I've been in the automotive manufacturing business for over 35 years. You clearly don't know what you're talking about.

joeb427

Seriously dude. Go troll someone else. Those are factory installed parts, not even dealer installed. Like I said, I've been in the automotive manufacturing business for over 35 years. You clearly don't know what you're talking about.
Troll my A**. 35 years and you don't realize that those items you have do absolutely nothing for the sides of the vehicle which the splash guards I showed do. They also look like a cheap JC Whitney add on.. I really don't care what splashes up underneath my vehicle.
Probably an addendum sticker dealer pack add on or maybe some type of aerodynamic pieces on a PHEV model.

Last edited:

RedHoncho

SUPPORTING MEMBER
Marysville, Ohio
As I said before, they are part of the molded in color rocker moldings. I picked my vehicle up at the dealership the day it arrived. They were on there.

This is a Corsair, not a Nautilus. I had a 2019 Nautilus before this vehicle. The mud flaps were an option you could order or purchase later.

joeb427

As I said before, they are part of the molded in color rocker moldings. I picked my vehicle up at the dealership the day it arrived. They were on there.

This is a Corsair, not a Nautilus. I had a 2019 Nautilus before this vehicle. The mud flaps were an option you could order or purchase later.
I know. I was just showing others here splash guards are available for the Nautilus and somehow not for the Corsair.
I don't believe what you have are considered mud or splash guards as they don't come out farther than the fenders which splash guards do. I'm thinking something more which benefits aerodynamics in your plug in model Corsair. We will see if others with the plug in model have the same pieces. If not, those are piss poor mud/splash guards.
I don't believe gas Corsairs have those pieces. There are no screw or clip holes for them either.

Last edited:

tgara

Now you boys play nice or I’ll send you both to your rooms! :giggle:

I think JoeB is right, those plastic bits are not mud flaps in the traditional sense. I think RedHoncho’s photos show aerodynamic undercarriage wingtip flaps, most likely for improving the pitiful electric efficiency and range of the GT models.

Attachments

• 56B70B27-E0CA-4052-8FA8-CDF0FE265C4B.jpeg
    56B70B27-E0CA-4052-8FA8-CDF0FE265C4B.jpeg
    240.1 KB · Views: 5

joeb427

Now you boys play nice or I’ll send you both to your rooms! :giggle:

I think JoeB is right, those plastic bits are not mud flaps in the traditional sense. I think RedHoncho’s photos show aerodynamic undercarriage wingtip flaps, most likely for improving the pitiful electric efficiency and range of the GT models.

Let's see if I get an apology for being called a troll.