CORSAIR GT: Can I expect to see my EV charge above 30?

Welcome to the busiest full-spectrum Lincoln community online!

Please join us! We'd really love to have you as a member...

NJRonbo

Jul 16, 2015
Hey fellow GT owners!

This concerns the EV charge indicator in the dash cluster.

So, I spent the winter months dealing with 28 miles of EV range under a full charge.

I bided my time. I knew the warmer months were coming.

This past week we were in the 80s and 90s. The best charge indication I was able to get was 30 miles. That being said, when that ran out, I was able to ride a few extra miles without the remaining gas indicator dropping a single digit (though that may be attributed to overall gas mileage).

Those of you who are getting 31-35 EV range indicated in your dash cluster after a full charge, under what conditions is that being obtained?

Thanks!

Last edited:

Voidoid

Jul 15, 2021
Hey fellow GT owners!

So, I spent the winter months dealing with 28 miles of EV range under a full charge.

I bided my time. I knew the warmer months were coming.

This past week we were in the 80s and 90s. The best charge I was able to get was 30 miles. That being said, when that ran out, I was able to ride a few extra miles without the remaining gas indicator dropping a single digit (though that may be attributed to overall gas mileage).

Those of you who are getting 31-35 EV range, under what conditions is that being obtained?

Thanks!
Mine commonly shows 31 to 35 miles after a charge - however after I've driven about a mile it always seems to be back at 28. From what I can tell it's approximate. However I will give it a test, and compare it against the actual mileage driven on the odometer, because I am curious.

kingdre

Nov 25, 2021
Atlanta, GA
I've done over 30. I've seen 40, but gotten 34-37 electric. It CANT be: While all inside electronics are going (heat, heated seats, massaging seats, etc)
on the highway at 80 mph lol.

So that means the stop and go of a state route or long road helps, especially if you are on a slight decline. GA has hills.
Keep electronics to a minimum. I run all of those after EV dies lol.
Be sure to use Pure EV mode. Conserve still uses gas too easily.
Keep highway speed between 55-65. Even 69 costs me a few of range.

NJRonbo

Jul 16, 2015
I've done over 30. I've seen 40, but gotten 34-37 electric. It CANT be: While all inside electronics are going (heat, heated seats, massaging seats, etc)
on the highway at 80 mph lol.

So that means the stop and go of a state route or long road helps, especially if you are on a slight decline. GA has hills.
Keep electronics to a minimum. I run all of those after EV dies lol.
Be sure to use Pure EV mode. Conserve still uses gas too easily.
Keep highway speed between 55-65. Even 69 costs me a few of range.

I got that, but perhaps I didn't make my point clearer...

In warm weather, what is the maximum EV range that's shown on the dash cluster after a charge?

I thought some people were saying their number went above 30, perhaps as high as 35? And if your full charge indicates over 30, in what temperature conditions is that? I can only obtain about 30 at best during above 70-degree weather.

Last edited:

wilbur

Jan 16, 2022
Milton GA
My Lincoln
2022 GT, ceramic pearl with all the options, arrived early Jan 2022
I got my GT in January and in N. Georgia are now having very warm weather. I always charge iny garage on a 220v circuit and always get 32-34 miles of range displayed. But the miles above 28-30 are pretty "fluffy" the first 3-4 miles disappear really fast. Most of my driving is 40-50 mph on country roads, with some fwy at 65 to 70. When I drive south 25-30 miles into Atlanta, I have reset the mph meter when heading home and get to 0 electric range on the meter. Surprisingly, usually average 45 mpg, with 1/3 to 1/2 in pure electric, on those legs (maybe half on freeway).

NJRonbo

Jul 16, 2015
Wilbur,

What is your outdoor temperature these days that is enabling your vehicle to show 32-34 range?

I was surprised. Got in the vehicle today after an overnight charge and it was reading 31. That's the best I have seen so far.

So perhaps, you need a good couple of days of warm weather to see that full charge indicator rise.

nmbchemist

Nov 3, 2021
North Myrtle Beach
My Lincoln
2022 Corsair GT Red Carpet exterior Ebony Cashew interior ordered 10/30
Yesterday (Tuesday) I had 31. Today my phone app show 36 after being plugged in overnight at 240. Have not got in the car yet. Outside temp is 71. Garage probably close to that.

NJRonbo

Jul 16, 2015
As the original author of this thread, I got a very nice surprise this morning when I stepped into my vehicle and turned it on...

IMG_1159.jpeg

36 Miles at full charge

So, for the first time since my vehicle purchase, the weather temperature has consistently been in the high 60s to low 70s. That would be the cause of my full charge jump from a winter 28 to a Summer 36.

However...

That 36 immediately jumped to 34 by the time I was at the end of my driveway. It jumped further down by the end of my drive. After only three miles of driving it was down to 27.

I am assuming the battery is still becoming acclimated to the warmer weather and as that continues improving, so will the consistency of the battery charge.

heywardjr

SUPPORTING MEMBER
Dec 22, 2021
During these very hot days, I am getting nearly 40 miles on EV mode. Nice bump in miles these days. I'm doing 50-60 MPH traffic, have AC running but at 76 to keep it economical, and not other things running that use power other than the entertainment. I have tires at 38 pressure which is higher than the 33 /34 recommended. I try to drive in hybrid mode which means coasting to stop signs/light, using the regen brakes slowly to generate power while slowing down, and watching speed. I keep the windows up and sunroof closed. All of these add up to better mileage. Hope this helps. I'm very impressed with 40 miles of EV miles. I never go over 20 miles in a trip these days so I'm driving mostly EV and saving a bundle on gasoline cost.

tgara

Aug 31, 2021
Connecticut
My Lincoln
2021 Nautilus
Why is it that the Lincoln only get 30-40 miles on a charge, and other makes, like BMW, can get 300? :unsure:

NJRonbo

Jul 16, 2015
Why is it that the Lincoln only get 30-40 miles on a charge, and other makes, like BMW, can get 300? :unsure:

Because, quite simply, the Corsair GT is not an all-electric vehicle

It's a PHEV that has both an internal combustion engine and a battery.

JB IN AZ

Apr 29, 2021
In addition to what @NJRonbo mentioned, and another way to look at this, the battery in your GT is SIGNIFICANTLY smaller, AND, you can drive your GT with the (traction) battery completely dead, while the BMW you quote will be a boat anchor unless plugged in to charge it up.

NJRonbo

Jul 16, 2015
No rhyme or reason as to how much EV charge I will get

In post #9 above I am showing a 34 miles available charge. That is the best I have seen.

However, with consistent 90+ degree weather here in NJ, I rarely see the charge go beyond 31 miles on a daily basis.

Not sure why that 34 miles was a one-off for me.

Newventurer

Jun 11, 2022
Ozarks
My Lincoln
2022 Aviator Standard
Is it possible that there is an algorithm that takes the information from some amount of your recent actual driving performance and uses that info to calculate the available miles on charge?

ChuckL

SUPPORTING MEMBER
Dec 9, 2021
My Lincoln
2022 Aviator BL GT, Chroma Caviar, Chalet
Is it possible that there is an algorithm that takes the information from some amount of your recent actual driving performance and uses that info to calculate the available miles on charge?
This is very much the case. My Aviator usually shows 18-21 EV miles available after a full charge. But when I drive it down to Denver, a 70-mile trip with the last 50 miles almost entirely downhill, and then plug it in, the range shown immediately after a full charge is 30 miles. Once I drive it for a mile or two, the range goes down to a more realistic 16-18 miles.

kingdre

Nov 25, 2021
Atlanta, GA
Yes I believe so. If I turn off the car with EVERYTHING running, it seems to calculate the new range lower because of the heated seats, massaging seats, AC, and so much more.