Corsair dead battery syndrome

Welcome to the busiest full-spectrum Lincoln community online!

Please join us! We'd really love to have you as a member...

Philipspeed

I also own a 2020 Corsair that I purchased late Dec. 2020 and have been experiencing electrical problems. When the car is parked in garage every so often (15-20 minutes?) it sounds like a squirrel is running around under the hood. A whole lot of clicking and clunking,obviously relays opening and closing. In early May I went to start the car and battery was completely dead,my dealer replaced battery (bad cell) did a system check and could not find a fault and did not hear the squirrel, I told them it was too noisy in their shop and that they needed to go to a quiet place to hear it. Well that didn't happen,the clicking and clunking continues and yesterday I got the "remote features disabled to protect battery" message. The car often sits for two or three days but so what? My truck often sits for a week or more and always starts.

cassie

Maybe, a call directly to Lincoln Customer Relations would be more productive with voicing various concerns, along with posting to the forum, just a thought.
I've contacted Lincoln Customer Relations regarding a transmission concern I've been experiencing on my recent purchase of a 2021 Corsair.
Hopefully, with additional folks calling about a specific issue or concern that they are experiencing, it may then get bumped up to the Lincoln Engineering Dept. for further evaluation and possible fix.
One can only hope, as many issues can not always be resolved by the service department, nor can they be relied upon to get Ford/ Lincoln engineers involved.

Last edited:

syl

For what it's worth, the relays clicking after some time passes after the vehicle is shut off is normal. Mine does that (I've actually spent a lot of time in the car after shutting it off) and I've not had any troubles with the battery. I'm quite certain that they all do it and it's nothing to be alarmed about. The battery trouble, however, in another matter, obviously.

Melo Fran

For what it's worth, the relays clicking after some time passes after the vehicle is shut off is normal. Mine does that (I've actually spent a lot of time in the car after shutting it off) and I've not had any troubles with the battery. I'm quite certain that they all do it and it's nothing to be alarmed about. The battery trouble, however, in another matter, obviously.
I agree with you in regards to the noise. I hear it, find it completely normal due to the technology involved during and after shutdown. No opinion on battery.

Philipspeed

In regards to previous two posts, when the relays click (open or close) it consumes power and when they click every 10-15 minutes 24/7 it will drain the battery. I contacted Lincoln concerning the matter and they are aware of a problem with certain corsairs. They have contacted my dealer and arraigned for them to investigate the cause.It may be a week or more before I have more info,but I will keep you all posted.