Corsair ABS Recall/Service Incident

bcaspius

On 7/31/2020 I purchased a Corsair and learned at the point of signature that there was a recall on ABS. Until this is resolved, I have a car that I cannot take delivery on. When looking up the VIN, it is reflected as a Service Incident and not a recall, but not doubt that is what this will ultimately become. I am not sure when this was initially identified, but It has been a bit more than 1 business week since I purchased and no word from the dealer yet on timeframe. I can't get the dealer to call me back, but I catch someone every couple of days when I reach out and am hearing phrases like "I have never seen anything like this before". I have to imagine that Ford/Lincoln is working around the clock to fix the "Program Code", which should be much easier than ordering a part from China during a tradewar/corona virus lockdown. While I am inconvenienced, I wouldn't want to be someone driving around with an ABS issue pre-recall. Is there anyone from Lincoln who monitors this forum and might offer a prognosis or update?

G-917945

bcaspius - same here. My wife went to a dealer on 8-1-20 and was told she couldn't take her Corsair that day. She's still waiting. Ironically, she's told the same as you - "I've never seen this before...". Just curious, what part of the country are you in?

LouAnnb

I as well purchased a Corsair around July 31, 2020 and to date don't know when I can pick it up. The dealership is saying there is a stop-sale due to firmware not working when downloaded. They also mentioned this is somewhat unusual to them as well. Even if Ford/Lincoln fixes the issue, it still make's me uneasy to take ownership, especially when it is taken so long for the fix. I hope we can get a reply from Lincoln regarding the issue.

G-198327

I as well purchased a Corsair around July 31, 2020 and to date don't know when I can pick it up. The dealership is saying there is a stop-sale due to firmware not working when downloaded. They also mentioned this is somewhat unusual to them as well. Even if Ford/Lincoln fixes the issue, it still make's me uneasy to take ownership, especially when it is taken so long for the fix. I hope we can get a reply from Lincoln regarding the issue.
I just got off with corporate. Internally, they do not see a stoo order, but recognize a "field service action". They are going to call the dealer to have the car released. I suspect that info may be incorrect, but now need to wait intil wednesday for an answer. Once i learn more, i will post.

bcaspius

I spoke to Lincoln Concierge earlier today. They stated that there was no "stop order" for releasing vehicles, but there there was a service item and for which there was no fix in place. It was not reflected as a recall, at least yet. This representative was going to contact my dealer to have the vehicle released. I suspect during that conversation more info will emerge on both sides and the vehicle will not likely be released. I will post further information once they get back to me, as promised for Wednesday.

bcaspius

I spoke to Lincoln Concierge earlier today. They stated that there was no "stop order" for releasing vehicles, but there there was a service item and for which there was no fix in place. It was not reflected as a recall, at least yet. This representative was going to contact my dealer to have the vehicle released. I suspect during that conversation more info will emerge on both sides and the vehicle will not likely be released. I will post further information once they get back to me, as promised for Wednesday.

LouAnnb

bcaspius

Just spoke to the dealer. The ABS Reprogram Code has just been released. I am told they will complete this today and deliver my car tomorrow. For anyone else having this problem, I hope this information is helpful to you. Best of Luck.

Bruno

LouAnnb

Just spoke to the dealer. The ABS Reprogram Code has just been released. I am told they will complete this today and deliver my car tomorrow. For anyone else having this problem, I hope this information is helpful to you. Best of Luck.

Bruno

Bruno
Yes, I as well received a call from my dealership stating they have a fix and my car should be ready within the next day or so. 🤞👍
LouAnn

janec

I just got off with corporate. Internally, they do not see a stoo order, but recognize a "field service action". They are going to call the dealer to have the car released. I suspect that info may be incorrect, but now need to wait intil wednesday for an answer. Once i learn more, i will post.
How did you get in touch with corporate? I haven't found contact info.

afh3

Minnesota
I have just received another update indicating that my vehicle requires the ABS system recall to be performed again, for the third time now.

When I contacted the dealership, I was told that the recall had been performed already and was not required again. So, to confirm, I called Lincoln and asked if there were any outstanding recalls on my vehicle's VIN.

Lincoln told me that yes, the ABS recall is still open on my Corsair, and that the previous two attempts (7/24, 8/21) must not have been successful.

It goes in tomorrow at 9:30 a.m. for what will hopefully be the last time for this specific recall - 20E03.

bam5

I received the recall notice on my Lincoln Way app. Called the dealer. They were aware of the required update. Took the vehicle in and the update was done while I waited.