Lincoln Forums Navigation:
  • We've set up for the new General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) rules - and all viewers will need to agree to the privacy policy and terms of use. Everyone is probably used to this by now - but I thought I'd let you know in advance... Close this box by clicking the X at the right...

Continental wheel nut torque requirement

Town

Ottawa Ontario Canada
Thread starter #23
After I reset the one wheel where I removed the wheel locking nut I did check the wheel nut torque on all 4 wheels. They were 145 ft lbs; so I reset all to 150 ft lbs. My torque wrench is only 22" in overall length and no trouble removing the nuts and setting them. I have used the same torque wrench to tighten wheel hub nuts to 230 ft lbs so wheel nuts are no problem.

Town

Ottawa Ontario Canada
Thread starter #24
Today I checked the spare tire pressure and did a practice tire change with the stock jack and tools that came with my car. Everything came out of the trunk easily once the cover was removed. The jack has the wheel nut wrench attached and it is fixed firmly in place on the top side of the jack in the stored position. To release the wrench you must loosen the screw that moves the scissors jack and continue lowering the jack until the wrench can be released from the jack (hook into hole at one end and an open slot over a raised locking piece on the other). Jack has a u channel that engages the body at a triangular mark on underside of front and rear plastic valence. Works fine to lift the vehicle once wheels chocked and wheel nuts loosened. The wrench is 18" long from the centerline of the 21mm deep socket end to the end of the handle. I could easily undo my wheel nuts torqued to 150 ft lbs, no cheater bar required.

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.

HTML