Combined mileage on 2020 or 2021 Grand Touring Hybrid

NavyEd

Any one out there that an share their experience on the Combined milage for the Aviator Grand Touring? I am considering one but looking for accuracy on gas and electric combined.

rjabend

Any one out there that an share their experience on the Combined milage for the Aviator Grand Touring? I am considering one but looking for accuracy on gas and electric combined.
I don't have the hybrid but from the posts I have seen, the mileage isn't worth the added weight and complexity. I am sure you will get more authoritative owner comments though.

gasha

I have the 2021 GT and I am averaging about 16 miles on electric only and 26 combined. My frame of reference is a bit limited since I only have a few hundred miles on the odo. Of course, your question is quite loaded as the mileage feedback you will get is highly subjective based on driver habit, terrain, and type of road (city/hwy, etc.).

rjabend

As a point of reference, I am getting in the mid-20s MPG combined and that will improve as break-in continues. Mine is not the hybrid, just the V6. Of course, as Gasha pointed out, mileage will vary due to driving style and actual conditions.

RAINEY

I have a '21 GT. My office is 6 miles from my house. I can typically drive round trip on electric only and if I'm going to do more running after work, I typically top off the battery at the office. It is frustrating how many times the engine turn on when in Pure EV.

Overall I have the idea home to office scenario to maximize the plug in hybrid idea. Overall, it is not work it unless you can get a considerable tax credit or want to be in the I'm pretending to save the climate club.

Even with the short trips to the office I can't get my average much over 40 MPG. There's plenty of non-hybrids out there that can easily beat that. To be honest, I was more excited about the HP/Torque #'s.

Overall I would say not worth the extra expense and complexity. I bough mine at the end of Oct 2020. It's been in the shop 4 times now. It's in the shop as I type this message. Ordering a complete new electronic something since all connectivity stopped working. I'll update with the details one I get the repair order.

Very disappointed with the fit and finish of a mid $80K vehicle. We were also crazy enough to buy my wife a new Corsair which also has fit and finish issues.

Jason

died4me

I get around 16-18 miles with EV mode only. After the battery is empty, I get around 24MPG with the hybrid mode both city/highway. I think it is better to just keep the "preserve" mode for highway cruising. PHEV is a great choice if you use the car for short trips and mostly driving around the local areas. If you intend to drive mostly on the highways, I would not recommend this PHEV.

Alligator

Lots of combined miles on my 2020 GT. 1st, you have to be smarter than the car, and utilize electric when logical, and gas when efficient.
I get a combined usage of 6 litres per 100 kilometres. This is city driving, and mountainous ski highway (winter as well), combined. Google conversion pegs this at around 40 miles to the gallon. If it was flatter highway/commute I'm sure it would be 45mpg. So far I'm super impressed. And by the way, I don't work for Ford....