Clunky front end

Arno

Have an 09 MKS and Father has another 09 with the same problem. Clunky sounding front end. Ford says all is tight and good, obviously not. Over small bumps at moderate or slow speeds, in parking lots, in and out of driveways, etc. can hear and feel it. Has always done it, thinking might be factory struts?

frankparisi

Hard to tell without hearing and feeling it, but from your description. It is Mounts and/or bushings. Could be some as simple as tie end, sway bar etc.

Simonsays

Mine was lower control arm bushings. Replacing after my parts arrive, but not stopping there. Doing sway bar links, inner and outer tie rods, and if i must, new strut assembly as well. Ill post up some pics when i can.

Joqular086

SUPPORTING MEMBER

DRII

Mine was lower control arm bushings. Replacing after my parts arrive, but not stopping there. Doing sway bar links, inner and outer tie rods, and if i must, new strut assembly as well. Ill post up some pics when i can.
Hi, I'm new to the forum.

My 2010 MKS-EB needs new struts (i think).

Do you know if the complete strut assembly sets that work for the same year Taurus (SHO in my case) will work for our Lincolns?

I would assume so, but for whatever reason the parts are not available for the MKS. you have to buy just the replacement shock and not the entire assembly, makes the installation far more complex and expensive.

thanks...

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.

HTML