Climate control system does not always work. Appears to be a problem with the fan. When it’s not working there is a ticking and knocking sound.

Welcome to the busiest full-spectrum Lincoln community online!

Please join us! We'd really love to have you as a member...

B1rice

2019 Nautilus Climate control system does not always work. Clicking and knocking sound comes from unit. Fan does not push air.

bbf2530

2019 Nautilus Climate control system does not always work. Clicking and knocking sound comes from unit. Fan does not push air.

Hi B1. Is your 2019 Nautilus still within the 4 year/50,000 mile New Vehicle Warranty? If yes, this is an issue you should have taken care of by the Dealership under warranty.

If not under warranty, it could be the fan unit or a multitude of other possibilities. The knocking sound would lead one to believe the fan unit. But that is just an Internet guess, which can lead to you throwing parts at the problem and not solving it.

Let us know how you make out and good luck.

Last edited:

enigma-2

You probably have some crud that fell onto the fan. This is either jambing it, preventing the fan from turning or causing it to scrape the sides of the housing (which is what's causing the tic, tic sound when it is running).

I had a rather loud moaning, groaning sound in mine. Traced it to dry fan bearings. Pulled the fan and shot some lube into the bearings. (I used Super Lube). Anyway it stopped to problem, 4-years now.

To access the fan you just need to remove the glove box.

The fan assembly is held in by 2 or 3 bolts. If I remember correctly they are 8, 10 or 12 mm.

Pull the fan out and clean it out. Also try pulling/pushing the blower wheel up on the shaft slightly, to make certain the fan wheel is not rubbing against the housing. While its out, squirt some lube in the motor bearings for good measure.

CHANGE THE CABIN FILTER, if you haven't done it in thd last 6 months. (Dirty filters are breeding grounds for bacteria). Amazon has the best prices,