Climate control system clicking noise

rlsullivanjr

I have a 2011 MKS ecoboost with about 71k miles. Just started getting clicking noise in climate control system - either when car is first turned on (with climate control on) or when restarting climate control. The noise is coming from the passenger side, just below the glove compartment. It makes 3 or 4 clicks, then stops. Other than that, climate control seems to work fine. Does anyone have any experience with this?

Cool J

I have a 2011 MKS ecoboost with about 71k miles. Just started getting clicking noise in climate control system - either when car is first turned on (with climate control on) or when restarting climate control. The noise is coming from the passenger side, just below the glove compartment. It makes 3 or 4 clicks, then stops. Other than that, climate control seems to work fine. Does anyone have any experience with this?
I have a 2009 and the clicking you hear may be the actuator that typically goes bad but is replacable. I replaced mine about 3 years ago. It is located behind the glove box

LTC1997

I think that a vacuum leak can cause this, as the lost vacuum (while the car was left sitting) is being restored while that clicking is going on.
I forget the mechanics of it, just that it was vacuum-related and caused by a leak.

HTML