Clicking Outside Mirrors

Dan9969

I have a 2019 Lincoln Navigator and almost every day, sometimes multiple times a day upon entering the vehicle, the mirrors start clicking for about 20 seconds and stop out of proper alignment. The dealer has been trying to repair this for many months to no avail. How many others may have this problem.? One service representative who has now resigned from the dealer told me that 3 out of 10 Navigators have this problem. Attached is a screenshot of just a sample of the number of the videos taken of this issue.

Attachments

Dan9969

I have a 2019 Lincoln Navigator and almost every day, sometimes multiple times a day upon entering the vehicle, the mirrors start clicking for about 20 seconds and stop out of proper alignment. The dealer has been trying to repair this for many months to no avail. How many others may have this problem.? One service representative who has now resigned from the dealer told me that 3 out of 10 Navigators have this problem. Attached is a screenshot of just a sample of the number of the videos taken of this issue.

dlcorbett

Theres a program update the dealer is supposed to kno about that fixes this issue.

Last edited:

G-656516

Theres a program update the dealer is supposed to kno about that fixes this issue.
Thanks for the reply! I've been working with Lincoln Mercury on this for 5 months ... Ever since I got the vehicle. They've changed out the operation system and it's even worse. I will go on the expedition forum and see if they offer anything the Lincoln hasn't done.

Dan9969

Attached for those that may have a similar problem is a video of my clicking mirrors!
My 2016 MKX does this infrequently, sometimes the driver mirror, sometimes the passenger mirror. Only happens after the mirrors have been folded in.
Thanks! Mine has been doing it for 6 months almost every day. No pattern left or right. No pattern with or without mirrors folded.

dahlmeir

Dealer just fixed this issue on my 2018 Lincoln Navigator (mirrors clicking randomly and leaving mirrors in upward position upon starting the vehicle). Paperwork refers to "21022 DDM and PDM reprogram" to fix the issue which is numbered as issue# ssm 47835.

Goalkeeper

2018 here and same issue. Had it “fixed’ once and was told the motors were replaced...and it‘S been doing it again for several months.

gk684

Dealer just fixed this issue on my 2018 Lincoln Navigator (mirrors clicking randomly and leaving mirrors in upward position upon starting the vehicle). Paperwork refers to "21022 DDM and PDM reprogram" to fix the issue which is numbered as issue# ssm 47835.

gk684

Is this fix still applicable? I'm taking my vehicle in next week.

HTML