check charging system light

leandro

hello, so I was driving on highway today and the check charging system light came on and i felt car different right away. Is that meaning I ll need a new alternator? If so how hard is it to replace on my 2014 MKT 3.7L AWD. Thanks

jkeaton

Winston Salem, NC
I would start by inspecting the charging system. Battery, alternator, belts, cables, etc. Don't automatically assume you need a new alternator. Auto parts store can check your alternator for you.

leandro

Hello, so I came came here to let you know what I did. The alternator was bad, so dealer wanted $$400 labor +$450 part[crazy] to replace it. So I bought a used one oem at junkyard off an explorer with 45k miles for $75 and paid a local mechanic to replace it. All is working, thanks guys for the help. If that ever happens with anyone, buy used one at junk yard or LKQ. Worthy it I think!!

Amjad khan

hello, so I was driving on highway today and the check charging system light came on and i felt car different right away. Is that meaning I ll need a new alternator? If so how hard is it to replace on my 2014 MKT 3.7L AWD. Thanks
Hii sir same problem with me charging system light on wat is problem I change battery but still light on please recommend thnx