Changing Sync 3 Theme

topdavis

Does anyone know how to make the theme you change your sync background and animation to stay permanent after you change it? I've gone into the testing menu and changed my theme to the Black Label theme, but it reverts back to the regular Continental theme on next car start. Any assistance is appreciated!

topdavis

I"m not sure just how much carries over from the Fords (Fusions that is) but here is a link that might help in that direction.
Thanks so much! I looked it up, but I can't get Forscan to get me to the aprt where I can make the hexadecimal change. Plus it doesn't show me the save all, load all, etc. on the chip acreen. Maybe I have the wrong version or wrong license key type...

I'll investigate more tomorrow...

topdavis

Just an FYI... Got everything working the way I wanted. Having an updated Forscan helps and knowing what module to look in helps as well!

Splash screen works, plus I added the cooling and heating for the seats on the home screen just under the connected phone notification...

Jeyaar456

When you are in Forscan it's worth adding the Idle Hours and Engine Hours to the Menu.

Also you can initiate Secure Idle which means that when the remote leaves the car and the engine is running
the transmission is effectively disabled.
It's a Police Car feature, which stops scumbag crims absconding in police cruisers.

socialninja

Not to get off
Just an FYI... Got everything working the way I wanted. Having an updated Forscan helps and knowing what module to look in helps as well!

Splash screen works, plus I added the cooling and heating for the seats on the home screen just under the connected phone notification...
sorry to get off topic, but is your Continental Livernois tuned? How’d you manage that? Do they do a 2.7 boost? what kind of performance gains did you get? Does this effect your warranty? I know, a lot of questions.

topdavis

Not to get off
It is Livernois tuned. Noticeable performance difference in Sport Mode. 3.0T engine AWD. They send you what you need. Don't know how it affects warranty. You can set it back to factory settings whenever you want.

I had tuning questions and I got my info from brucelinc. I THINK he has a custom tune from someplace else, but he has track runs on youtube which really show the improved tuning performance. Search youtube for him and you'll see some nice wins for a 4600lb car!

There is also tuning info in the forum here as well, just do a search for tuning or Livernois and I'm sure you'll find what you are looking for.

Good luck!

bbf2530

It is Livernois tuned. Noticeable performance difference in Sport Mode. 3.0T engine AWD. They send you what you need. Don't know how it affects warranty. You can set it back to factory settings whenever you want.

I had tuning questions and I got my info from brucelinc. I THINK he has a custom tune from someplace else, but he has track runs on youtube which really show the improved tuning performance. Search youtube for him and you'll see some nice wins for a 4600lb car!

There is also tuning info in the forum here as well, just do a search for tuning or Livernois and I'm sure you'll find what you are looking for.

Good luck!
Hi topdavis. Only addressing the "Don't know how it affects warranty" part:

Any alteration/reprogramming of the factory engine/transmission parameters can/will result in denial of future warranty claims concerning the engine and transmission. This is clearly addressed in the Warranty Booklet we are given when we purchase our vehicles.

And Lincoln/Ford can easily determine that an engine was "tuned"/reprogrammed, even if you revert back to "factory settings". In fact, Lincoln/Ford specifically look for those tune traces when a vehicle has a warranty claim for engine/transmission problems.

Good luck.

socialninja

Good luck!
Thanks! I had to give up my Hellcat dream for this. I’m glad the performance Gods have smiled upon me, anyway! 🙏🏽

HTML