• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "1998 Town Car" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 1998 Town Car" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

Changing hid bulb?

lilthugyolo

Hello all, I just purchased a 16 MKX with the hid headlights. They seem kinda dim and I want to replace them. I don’t see a cover to just pop off and swap the bulbs. I see a silver square plate instead. Am I supposed to remove it to replace? Or are these headlights not serviceable? I can’t find anything online on how to replace them

Attachments

bbf2530

Hello all, I just purchased a 16 MKX with the hid headlights. They seem kinda dim and I want to replace them. I don’t see a cover to just pop off and swap the bulbs. I see a silver square plate instead. Am I supposed to remove it to replace? Or are these headlights not serviceable? I can’t find anything online on how to replace them
Hi lil. If the bulbs are considered owner serviceable, the instructions will be in your Owners Manual. You can usually find it in the Index under "Bulbs", "Bulb Specification Chart" or something similar.

I have found replacing most current Lincoln HID bulbs requires removing the bumper cover to allow access to remove the headlight housing. So it is doable, if you wish. Just not unplug, plug and play simple.

If they are not considered owner serviceable, the Owners Manual will tell you to see your Lincoln Dealer. In mine, under "Replacing a bulb", it states "See your authorized dealer".

If that is not necessary in your MKX, hopefully another member will jump in with instructions.
Good luck.

Last edited:

HTML