Change Cover By gear shifter

Welcome to the busiest full-spectrum Lincoln community online!

Please join us! We'd really love to have you as a member...

Statsman007

Hello All,

I had been trying to buy the change cover next to the gear shifter. Do I have name right for it? Been difficult to search for it.

Any tip is greatly appreciated... Thank you..

Attachments

• 1629876849917.jpeg
    1629876849917.jpeg
    159.4 KB · Views: 8

bbf2530

Hello All,

I had been trying to buy the change cover next to the gear shifter. Do I have name right for it? Been difficult to search for it.

Any tip is greatly appreciated... Thank you..

Hi Stasman. What model year?

Is that a power point in there? Maybe something like the "Center console auxiliary power point cover"? However, it would not surprise me if the sliding cover is not available as a separate part.

EDIT- Took a quick look at Fordparts.com for a 2021 MKS. The 2014 and 2016 models seem to have a hinged lid, as opposed to your sliding one, but I am not sure what model year that change was made.
Anyway, it seems to be part of the center console "Finish panel" and I don't see the door available separately. Don't know what color you need etc. But the one I found on the exploded chart in "Allot Metallic" has a price of ~$212.

Not sure if this link will work without the cookies from navigating to it: https://parts.ford.com/shop/en/us/panel-assy-console-6477435-1#sectionId:4179885

You can probably find it for less at other online Lincoln/Ford part sellers.

Let us know how you make out and good luck.

Statsman007

Hello @bbf2530 ,

Thanks very much.. What a super helpful, detailed answer. So that is what's called.. Been so difficult finding it. My car is 2009 Lincoln MKS.

But thanks very much for the super helpful response..

bbf2530

Hello @bbf2530 ,

Thanks very much.. What a super helpful, detailed answer. So that is what's called.. Been so difficult finding it. My car is 2009 Lincoln MKS.

But thanks very much for the super helpful response..

Hi Statsman. You are very welcome. Just as an FYI: As I thought, when I tried the link this morning, after shutting the computer down last night, the exploded view diagram did not come up on that page. You need to start the search yourself on the website for all the information to show.
So if you just do a search on that website for a 2009 Lincoln MKS, then the "center console", you should get the entire center console exploded view diagram with all the part numbers.

Let us know how you make out and good luck.

Last edited:

Rongold

I have a blowup of my 2015 console from a Ford dealer, and it shows both sliding covers as being in group 13562. Both sliding covers are available for 2013-2016---They might still be available for your 2009. Check with a Ford or Lincoln dealer.